Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Is there anyway to downgrade my firmware?

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
jxk462

Is there anyway to downgrade my firmware?

Post by jxk462 »

I accidentally updated my psvita last night to 3.61 and it would suck a ton if I can't get my emulators working again so is there any possible way to downgrade?
Advertising
xErwin

Re: Is there anyway to downgrade my firmware?

Post by xErwin »

No.
Advertising
samsara

Post by samsara »

Simple answer: No.
Long answer: Haven't been possible and I doubt it will come before 2017 earliest if not ever.
CPUzX

Post by CPUzX »

If you're worried or concerned that you or somebody else might come along and use your PS Vita or update it, put a passcode on it and leave it in aeroplane mode.
Do that next time, if you plan to buy another 3.60 Vita
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

CPUzX wrote:If you're worried or concerned that you or somebody else might come along and use your PS Vita or update it, put a passcode on it and leave it in aeroplane mode.
If you're a little bit handy, just buy a new logic board. Swap them out, will be much cheaper than buying a whole new vita. As if right now thats the closest thing to a downgrade as you can get without having made a nand backup before hand.
CPUzX

Post by CPUzX »

HarmfulMushroom wrote:
CPUzX wrote:If you're worried or concerned that you or somebody else might come along and use your PS Vita or update it, put a passcode on it and leave it in aeroplane mode.
If you're a little bit handy, just buy a new logic board. Swap them out, will be much cheaper than buying a whole new vita. As if right now thats the closest thing to a downgrade as you can get without having made a nand backup before hand.
The only issue with that is the risk factors - the chance you'll break the Vita you already own, or the replacement motherboard that you bought; either through static electricity, or dropping it.
Ribbon cables are very fragile, and so are the little plastic connectors they go into.
It might just be wise to purchase a new one if you aren't technologically prepared to do a motherboard replacement yourself, but that's good advice for the intermediate kind who would be willing to give that a go.
HarmfulMushroom

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

CPUzX wrote:
HarmfulMushroom wrote:
The only issue with that is the risk factors - the chance you'll break the Vita you already own, or the replacement motherboard that you bought; either through static electricity, or dropping it.
Ribbon cables are very fragile, and so are the little plastic connectors they go into.
It might just be wise to purchase a new one if you aren't technologically prepared to do a motherboard replacement yourself, but that's good advice for the intermediate kind who would be willing to give that a go.
Fair point, if for no other reason than ribbon cables are super fragile and annoying. I've done it myself quite a few times but I also have a decent amount of experience. Definitely a good idea not to risk it if you don't feel comfortable doing that (forgot to stress that point).

@OP look up a teardown video/tutorial online and decide for yourself if you were interested in looking into this further.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

HarmfulMushroom wrote:
You can get Vitas for $50 these days so I mean.....
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?

Return to “Support”