Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[SOLVED] Savedata Custom Bubble 3.52 appearing as Playsta...

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
Sanderth

[SOLVED] Savedata Custom Bubble 3.52 appearing as Playsta...

Post by Sanderth »

Hello everybody,

So I tried The Z(ett)'s tutorial with the game "Sid Meier's Pirates" (I love that game.. So I used it) and as base game Ape Quest demo. However, after completing the tutorial the game does basically nothing. I do not get an error at all, it just shows the splash screen and it goes back to that Vita home screen. Also, I noticed that something is different for me.
Now in his video, you can see he is browsing to 'PSP Savedata'. But when I do that, nothing can be found there. However, when I browse to 'Playstation Savedata', my game can be found.

So does anybody experience the same? Perhaps we can find a solution together. If somebody knows what might be the problem, please let me know. I'll be thankful :D

Thanks in advance guys!
Sanderth.
Advertising
Last edited by Sanderth on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NoOne

Re: Savedata Custom Bubble 3.52 appearing as Playstation dat

Post by NoOne »

Sanderth wrote: the game does basically nothing. I do not get an error at all, it just shows the splash screen and it goes back to that Vita home screen.
Try to use compression when fake signing the ISO with the EBOOT.PBP
Advertising
Sanderth

Post by Sanderth »

NoOne wrote:
Sanderth wrote: the game does basically nothing. I do not get an error at all, it just shows the splash screen and it goes back to that Vita home screen.
Try to use compression when fake signing the ISO with the EBOOT.PBP
Thanks for replying! Unfortunately, it didn't work. I guess I might try another game and/or base game then. I'll publish the result here!
Bert960

Post by Bert960 »

It could be that you messed up with the directory. When I first followed Zett's video, I missed a crucial point in which I had to change the signs in the directory after I copied and paste them into the notepad file.

For example, I copied and pasted psp/savedata/REKI44747\ISOID/EBOOT.PBP
Instead of this: psp/savedata/REKI44747/ISOID/EBOOT.PBP

That makes a huge difference. Also make sure to refresh QCMA every time you add a new file.
Sanderth

Post by Sanderth »

Bert960 wrote:It could be that you messed up with the directory. When I first followed Zett's video, I missed a crucial point in which I had to change the signs in the directory after I copied and paste them into the notepad file.

For example, I copied and pasted psp/savedata/REKI44747\ISOID/EBOOT.PBP
Instead of this: psp/savedata/REKI44747/ISOID/EBOOT.PBP

That makes a huge difference. Also make sure to refresh QCMA every time you add a new file.
Thanks for your advice, I had some database problems first as well. I was smart enough to just use the original title the first time, which resulted in the query to be wel.. messed up. You see, the " ' " in "Meier's" was also being used to indicate the beginning or end of a value.

Anyways, I'm here to let you guys know my problem is now solved. I can not say exactly how, because I did two things different this time around. However I guess it's because I used another base game.

Things I did different:

1. I called the bubble "Sid Meiers Pirates" instead of "Sid Meier's Pirates". I do not think this made a difference though, it was just because I was too lazy to enter it manually into the database like I did before when I detected this problem.
2. I used GTA Chinatown Wars as base game, both game ID's start with ULES (however I doubt that might have something to do with it). Point is, I read that there were more people having problems with demo's. Thus I used a game I bought.

Well now. Thanks guys for your replies, let's hope this helps somebody in their journey to the custom bubbles!

EDIT: Also worth noting, the game still appeared under 'Playstation Savedata' instead of 'PSP Savedata'. So this does not matter at all.
shinenyuri

Post by shinenyuri »

Star Ocean Second Evolution appeared in PlayStation Data for me and it worked even then. So yeah, I guess it doesn't matter?

Return to “Support”