Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[OPEN] Help/Problem installing Psvita themes trough PS3

You have questions and can't find another subforum to ask? Go here
kingknuts

[OPEN] Help/Problem installing Psvita themes trough PS3

Post by kingknuts »

Hi!!
Today I have purchased a Playstation TV and after installing all kind of exploits :P :P , I find in the settings menu the themes option.
I already know that I dont have acces to the PS Store since the PS TV is in 3.20 so I decided to install them trough the PS3. So what i did was:
1st: in my pc I "purchased" the free themes and add into my ps3 and ps tv queue.
2nd: my PS TV download list isnt working as I cannot log in, but my ps3 works
3rd: after my ps3 downloaded the themes (20 Anniversary and Crystal) THE PS3 ATTEMPED TO INSTALL THEM :shock: :shock: (An error ocurred during the installation 80029566 in the 14%)
Up to this I tryed cma and it dont display the themes so I cannot tranfer them.
4th I didnt give up (yet!) So I set up a proxy and re-download from the ps3 grabbing the pkg.
5th I open the Package installer and in qcma i set the path to the pkg files.
6th When i try to install it it expand the package it expands but hangs in "Promoting" after that it throw "faild.. C2-11798-6" :geek: :geek:
7th throw in the towel.
Any ideas? the pkg View 1.3 cannot open the pkg (Unhandled error found...) also the pstv is activated with the same account.
Thanks.
Advertising
HarmfulMushroom

Re: [OPEN] Help/Problem installing Psvita themes trough PS3

Post by HarmfulMushroom »

kingknuts wrote:Hi!!
Today I have purchased a Playstation TV and after installing all kind of exploits :P :P , I find in the settings menu the themes option.
I already know that I dont have acces to the PS Store since the PS TV is in 3.20 so I decided to install them trough the PS3. So what i did was:
1st: in my pc I "purchased" the free themes and add into my ps3 and ps tv queue.
2nd: my PS TV download list isnt working as I cannot log in, but my ps3 works
3rd: after my ps3 downloaded the themes (20 Anniversary and Crystal) THE PS3 ATTEMPED TO INSTALL THEM :shock: :shock: (An error ocurred during the installation 80029566 in the 14%)
Up to this I tryed cma and it dont display the themes so I cannot tranfer them.
4th I didnt give up (yet!) So I set up a proxy and re-download from the ps3 grabbing the pkg.
5th I open the Package installer and in qcma i set the path to the pkg files.
6th When i try to install it it expand the package it expands but hangs in "Promoting" after that it throw "faild.. C2-11798-6" :geek: :geek:
7th throw in the towel.
Any ideas? the pkg View 1.3 cannot open the pkg (Unhandled error found...) also the pstv is activated with the same account.
Thanks.
Yeah I found this out the hard way as well, the only way to get themes onto your Vita is by accessing PSN directly from said Vita. There's no option to transfer it from CMA to Vita and the PS3 always throws that error when attempting to download there. I don't even think you can install the themes through the package installer as the only way to access the package installer at the moment is on 3.18 which is the last firmware before themes were implemented.

I'd imagine there is some way to install them through the EML trick but that may involve some more steps such as pkg decryption or something... I really don't know what I'm talking about with that but maybe someone else can shine a light on it. I was thinking for a while that it may be possible to install custom themes via EML, but that's a whole different topic...
Advertising
kingknuts

Re: [OPEN] Help/Problem installing Psvita themes trough PS3

Post by kingknuts »

HarmfulMushroom wrote:
Yeah I found this out the hard way as well, the only way to get themes onto your Vita is by accessing PSN directly from said Vita. There's no option to transfer it from CMA to Vita and the PS3 always throws that error when attempting to download there. I don't even think you can install the themes through the package installer as the only way to access the package installer at the moment is on 3.18 which is the last firmware before themes were implemented.

I'd imagine there is some way to install them through the EML trick but that may involve some more steps such as pkg decryption or something... I really don't know what I'm talking about with that but maybe someone else can shine a light on it. I was thinking for a while that it may be possible to install custom themes via EML, but that's a whole different topic...
Thanks for your reply but yes I have access to the package installer, my version is 3.20, so all the things made for 3.18 is also working for the 3.20

Return to “Support”