Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Random PSC findings.

RedHate

Random PSC findings.

Post by RedHate »

The PSC doesnt stop amazing me, this little system has a wicked LFS build called yotco. So far I've found all sorts of wonderful things about the PSC.

Sideloading nix stuff..
The system arch is armhf. You can download any of debians armhf binaries and extract them to a tree on a memory stick (works better with ext4 over fat *symlinking*). Then just export PATH=$PATH:/media/my_tree, next you'll want to mount -o bind a custom ld.so.conf (containing the path to the shared object libs) to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig and your new tree is linked for the session!

Wayland / Weston
Next up, I was poking away at the wayland compositor and i took a peep at the /etc/xdg/weston.ini and i noticed that its set up for "in vehicle infotainment" so after whiping up my own config and binding it overtop of the original then systemctl stop weston.service && systemctl stop sonyapp.service i was then able to launch into a desktop version of wayland with: weston-launch -u root (again this requires modifying the config or binding one over the original and restarting the session). ending up with this: Image

Kernel "issues"
Sony are jerks with their kernel lol... they have kworker actively terminating anything to do with keyboards, this is apparent in the dmesg logs. plug a device, wait about 10 sec then do:

Code: Select all

dmesg | tail
Sadly this bit of trouble completely halts alot of our dreams...

What toolchain?
The linaro arm-linux-gnueabihf toolchain has been a rocking little buddy! You'll need to copy some .so files from /usr/lib (on the psc) to your toolchain on the pc... or if you are crafty and understood my first paragraph, you can just download an armhf toolchain from debian spank it in a tree on a ms and then link it with a script and have an on-device toolchain.

Graphical programming
Ok so yotco is a bit of a snotty persons linux, its very "to the point" super minimal but by no means lack luster, that being said... it does use the wayland compositor and in order to interact with it you'll either have to use sdl, egl, or elbow grease to get your projects to play nice.

Hail-Mary Restoration! (100% safe to run)
Oh also.. its not un-common for the data partition's contents to go askew leaving the system dangling at a screen that says "there has been and error please unplug the system and wait 60 seconds". If the problem persists it can usually be remedied with a lolhack.sh containing this:

#!/bin/sh
sh /usr/sony/bin/recovery.sh
reboot
if that fails you can try

#!/bin/sh
sh /usr/sony/bin/recovery2.sh
reboot
You only need to run it once, pull the memory stick as soon as the system reboots. Happens from time to time with bleemsync.
Advertising
RedHate

Re: Random PSC findings.

Post by RedHate »

Ah here we go, sideloading linux software from a tree a memory stick. nano, curses and libgpm from the armhf repos of debian jessie. ;)

if you're inventive with the "boot.sh" you can launch whatever you want on ms insert, or just leave it as I have it and run your sw manaully via uart / tty session.

Try it for yourself, (requires uart to use nano) you'll have to use the full path or export the path vars manually. (can be done via lolhack but the environment vars wont hold over to the tty session even with "export")

./mnt/linux_tree/bin/nano
Download Here
Advertising

Return to “General”