Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PAL MCboot Memory Card

sovietspud

PAL MCboot Memory Card

Post by sovietspud »

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone can install MCboot onto my memory card, for a phat PS2 (PAL) I have been trying for a long time to do it myself, but I've been unable to swap the disc properly.

I will pay for delivery both ways. PM me if you can do this, and I'm sure we can work something out.

thanks in advance :)
Advertising
fate6
Big Beholder

Re: PAL MCboot Memory Card

Post by fate6 »

Might I suggest you try and find a cheat device? its a lot easier then trying to swap disks, Or if you are using a Phat PS2 then just put an HDD in that puppy!
I have successfully installed Free McBoot using an Action Replay Max/GameShark v2/CodeBreaker(No idea on the version).

http://sksapps.com/index.php?page=fmcb.html
Checkout the "Installation" tab.
Advertising
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
dmaskell92

Post by dmaskell92 »

I used Action Replay Max also.
Does it quit? If not, then it's legit... Too legit.

Nvidia Shield Portable 48gb
Dreamcast: SEGA Sports - 80gb IDE HDD
4k PS3 Super Slim OFW 4.82
1k PSP: 6.60 ME-2.3
1K PSVita: Ensō 32GB - 64GB SD2VITA - 128GB PSVSD
sovietspud

Post by sovietspud »

I've not had any luck with my copy of Action Replay MAX, every time i've tried to boot the exploit, it just hangs on a black screen or goes to disc read error (might be getting 2 different things mixed up - I tried this on and off for a good 2 years now)

It is a phat, and I got the NT addon to connect it, AND a hdd, again no luck, so any pointers or a specific game that works for phat PAL systems, as id like to think I'm quite computer literate and I'm following the instructions from lots of sources correctly.

any advise/offer to install to a MC would be greatly appreciated (I've attempted to seek help else where, this is one of the only communities that seems to be literally exploding with activity and has provided the only response i've had)
sovietspud

Post by sovietspud »

sorry i remember, ive tried disc swapping, and ive tried transferring the files using my AR MAX,

the Disc swap i couldnt get the timing down/wasnt quick enough/wasnt doing it right throwing up a disc read error

the transfer using AR MAX just didnt transfer- no matter what i tried, or i did, it just hung on black after starting with the mem card in.
Bert960

Post by Bert960 »

I followed this guide when I softmodded my PS2 a few weeks ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPPfmKmiQY8
It went through perfectly the first time. In order to use Ulaunch to install Free McBoot, you need a flashdrive with Ulaunch and McBoot on it, a PS1 game (could be any PS1 game but it has to be retail. Burnt games or ISO's won't work), an empty Memory Card and you need an Action Replay Max or Evo disc for PS2, that has the USB option and can read your USB drive. This video should help you set this up. One CRUCIAL thing you need to know about setting up MCboot. Your formatted Memory Card has to say "MagicGate" on it. Reason why is because Free McBoot only reads and edits MagicGate Software. If your MC doesn't have MagicGate labeled on it, it's most likely a fake or Chinese Import. I made that mistake when I bought my second MC on Amazon. If you try to copy the files on that kind of MC, the system won't boot the software and will put you on a blank screen. You'll probably think that you bricked your PS2. In that case, just remove the MC, and reboot your system and it should be fine.
-Speaking from Experience.
Bert960

Post by Bert960 »

Like Fate 6 said, it's much easier to use this method because it poses less risk on the system. Blocking the lasers or hardmodding your system falls on your responsibility and can end up damaging it if you're not careful. Softmod is always the best and safest solution, in my opinion.
Last edited by Bert960 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

Oh man that takes me back, I originally softmod my PS2 with that PS1 method.

Anywho try what Bert said or for HDD you need a way of connecting any IDE HDD to a PC then use a package I unfortunately can't link but it's by vash32 on a zone for disk images ;)
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Ushilives

Post by Ushilives »

I'm from UK and can sort you out a free mcboot memory card! You can either send me your memory card or have one of mine. :)

Return to “General”