Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Need help running OpenPS2Loader/Game Backups on SM PS2

Bert960

Need help running OpenPS2Loader/Game Backups on SM PS2

Post by Bert960 »

Today I was able to successfully Soft Mod my PS2, Model: SCPH-50001. I installed Free McBoot 1.8 & Open PS2 Loader. The issues that I'm having is that I can't get my PS2 to read the ISO's. I tried burning them on Memorex DVD+R discs (I think I wasted about 5 of those by following other people's tutorials.) But every time I insert the discs, my PS2 makes these rough noises and ESR keeps reading them as an Unknown Media Device. So I figured, why not just play them on the USB. After installing OpenPS2Loader and following the steps on the PS2 Tutorial thread on the site, I placed my NSUN5 ISO in the DVD folder on the USB, but when I load up the loader, it can't read any ISO's on my USB. It's says it's blank. Any suggestions, mostly on how to run it on USB?
Advertising
Bert960

Re: Need help running OpenPS2Loader/Game Backups on SM PS2

Post by Bert960 »

Nvm on the usb part. Figured out the issue with that. Works now. I still need guidance with the disc issue.
Advertising
andomamo2

Post by andomamo2 »

what I read once was that memorex is bad discs to use for ESR. you need like verbatim discs and you cant use DVD-RW it needs to be DVD-R only
Bert960

Post by Bert960 »

Alright. I'll pick up some Verbatim discs then. What's the best program to burn them on, IMGBurn or Alcohol 120%?
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

I have used IMGburn and Memorex CD/DVD -/+ R for darn near every CD based system(Yes they work on PS2) with no issue so that one^
Oh and burn speed shouldn't matter with modern burners and disks but for PS2 I like to simmer them at x2 or x8.

Now if you really wanted to make use of that PS2 then I would suggest getting a Network adapter and a HDD for it, Run all your games that way! I have mine set up to run games straight from the OSD(that's the place where you manage the memory cards and options).
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
Bert960

Post by Bert960 »

fate6 wrote:I have used IMGburn and Memorex CD/DVD -/+ R for darn near every CD based system(Yes they work on PS2) with no issue so that one^
Oh and burn speed shouldn't matter with modern burners and disks but for PS2 I like to simmer them at x2 or x8.

Now if you really wanted to make use of that PS2 then I would suggest getting a Network adapter and a HDD for it, Run all your games that way! I have mine set up to run games straight from the OSD(that's the place where you manage the memory cards and options).
Thanks mane. I'm gonna start saving money for one. HDLoader seems to be the best solution to run backups. I don't wanna waste a lot of CD's, so I rather run them on a HDD. Mane, I had this Phat PS2 for 11 years now and I'm surprised it still has juice in it. I love it.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

http://ichiba.geocities.jp/ysai187/PS2/ ... taller.htm
That has everything you need other than the hacked HDD-OSD(it's not hard to find on google but I can't link to it since the one I got is on a zone for iso).

Oh and can't remember if it says it anywhere but Free McBoot is not compatible with the Hacked-OSD so you need to remove it, There is a HDD version of Free McBoot but I have never used it so no idea on that one. The Hacked HDD-OSD I got came with uLaunchELF pre-installed so I just run stuff that way.

EDIT: Forgot about compatibility, If installing games using those linked tools they run with a minimal OpenPS2Loader so compatibility should be the same as the regular version.
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
tinostar91

Post by tinostar91 »

If you were still up to burning your games on DVDs and running them through ESR, you'd first have to patch your isos with ESR Patcher.
Also, if you have any compatibility issues with OPL you can always try to update it, considering that your FMCB version is few years old (the newest is 1.94) I don't think the OPL is going to be anyhow better on it.
fate6 wrote:Oh and can't remember if it says it anywhere but Free McBoot is not compatible with the Hacked-OSD so you need to remove it
Not since the FMCB 1.9, so if he's up to updating it, it can stay.
SP193 wrote:7. Support for the Protokernel and all HDD OSDs have been added.

Return to “General”