Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS2 Help (Disc Read Error)

pspgabe550

PS2 Help (Disc Read Error)

Post by pspgabe550 »

I have a ps2 scph 50001 with a hd7 laser, recently it has been giving me a disc read error on every type of disc, so I reset the cogs all the way back. Are both of the cogs supposed to be the same level? After 8 or so clicks on both cogs it etches a ring around the disc in the tray.If it is the laser a hd7 laser is hard to find, I've heard that a khs 400C will work as a replacement and some say it won't. Any imformation would be great.
Advertising
[spoiler]My PSP Slim
Piano Black
Pro B9 6.60[/spoiler]
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Re: PS2 Help (Disc Read Error)

Post by Acid_Snake »

try the following in order until you find a solution:
- clean the laser with cotton and rubbing alcohol
- teak the laser POT
- change the laser, from what I can see from experience, the part of the laser is always the same, what changes is the outer mechanism and connections, but it never hurts to look at a khs-400c picture and compare it to your laser
Advertising
pspgabe550

Post by pspgabe550 »

What exactly do you mean by laser POT could you explain or post a diagram?
[spoiler]My PSP Slim
Piano Black
Pro B9 6.60[/spoiler]
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

this is what a laser POT looks like:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
in the case of the PS2 slim, it's right underneath the laser itself (I don't know about fat PS2 but it should be similar), so you have to dismantle the laser, adjust the POT, reconnect laser, try disc, repeat until success.
Here's a video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0f9WUNN_eQ
a quick Google search of "adjusting PS2 laser" or similar can bring up other guides
pspgabe550

Post by pspgabe550 »

Since slims were brougt up I have two slims that have the same problem, a sçph 75001 an a scph 79001, the 79001 doesntt even attempt to read discs, on the browser menu It doest say reading disc and when I open the tray the disc doesn't appear to have moved. Do I need a new spindle drive? And I always get "the disc could not be read" on the 75001, should I replace the laser?
[spoiler]My PSP Slim
Piano Black
Pro B9 6.60[/spoiler]
pspgabe550

Post by pspgabe550 »

pspgabe550 wrote:Since slims were brougt up I have two slims that have the same problem, a sçph 75001 an a scph 79001, the 79001 doesntt even attempt to read discs, on the browser menu It doest say reading disc and when I open the tray the disc doesn't appear to have moved. Do I need a new spindle drive? And I always get "the disc could not be read" on the 75001, should I replace the laser?
I figured out the problem with the 79001, if you are familliar with the tape and tissue soft mod the two little prongs in the back are missing so the system is always thinking the disc tray is open is that even fixable?
[spoiler]My PSP Slim
Piano Black
Pro B9 6.60[/spoiler]
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

you can bridge them with a little bit of soldering
Olinelooo

Post by Olinelooo »

I don't know about fat PS2 but it should be similar), so you have to dismantle the laser, adjust the POT, reconnect laser, try disc, repeat until success.????

Return to “General”