Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Verbatim DVD-R Not Working

Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Re: Verbatim DVD-R Not Working

Post by Acid_Snake »

VitaGenic wrote:I know old thread is old.... But for anyone doing google searches that may stumble across this topic: clean your laser!

I was having above problems too with verbatim media, which is said to be the best quality for use in PS2's. I thought my laser had died!

Turns out a quick clean with a tissue sorted it out! I wouldn't recommend that though, do it properly with a cloth and some rubbing alcohol!
I've had to calibrate the laser's POT twice too, once for CDs, and another time for DVDs, and I too recommend verbatim for the PS2, it seems to work 100% of the time for me, also the 4x speed is not mandatory, I burn all of them at 8x and they all work flawlessly
Advertising
GrimFandango
Banned

Post by GrimFandango »

What kind of Verbatim is it? There are some crappy ones out there. The one with the orange and blue cover are the best.
Advertising
fatman01923

Post by fatman01923 »

Backups (that you own) should be played using the HDD bay (if you have a PS2 Phat). If you have a Slim PS2 use OPL to samba stream the games to your PS2 from your samba share. This is the ultimate protection for your PS2 laser.
Acid_Snake
Retired Mod

Post by Acid_Snake »

fatman01923 wrote:Backups (that you own) should be played using the HDD bay (if you have a PS2 Phat). If you have a Slim PS2 use OPL to samba stream the games to your PS2 from your samba share. This is the ultimate protection for your PS2 laser.
yeah that's cool, until you come across games that don't work because of one thing or the other

Return to “General”