Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

[Tutorials] PS2 Thread: Softmod, game backups, homebrew

vahnx

Re: [Tutorials] PS2 Thread: Softmod, game backups, homebrew

Post by vahnx »

I modded last night. Took a few tries as the disc kept slowing down and stopping, and I really had to force the burned 007 game down in the tray and close the lid really fast. I used the memory card from the picture and it works!
Advertising
Tonakai

Post by Tonakai »

Hey, Ghettobeta. This is a great tutorial, thanks for taking the time to create it.

I had been considering writing my own for a while when I stumbled upon this, so I was curious as to whether or not you'd mind if I wrote it anyhow? It'll cover different methods and content to this tutorial (as I have no experience with SwapMagic on the PS2), and I will obviously place a reference to your tutorial too.

Edit: I just realised I probably should have mailed that. Oh well, I'll wait a while and if it comes to it, remove this and mail you instead. :P
Advertising
GhettoBeta59

Post by GhettoBeta59 »

Tonakai wrote:Hey, Ghettobeta. This is a great tutorial, thanks for taking the time to create it.

I had been considering writing my own for a while when I stumbled upon this, so I was curious as to whether or not you'd mind if I wrote it anyhow? It'll cover different methods and content to this tutorial (as I have no experience with SwapMagic on the PS2), and I will obviously place a reference to your tutorial too.

Edit: I just realised I probably should have mailed that. Oh well, I'll wait a while and if it comes to it, remove this and mail you instead. :P
I don't mind at all, feel free to. :)

And to others, I will still write the other tutorials.
GhettoBeta59

Post by GhettoBeta59 »

Added a tutorial for Open PS2 Loader if anyone is interested in what it is. :)
grantf28

Post by grantf28 »

Hay thanx for the awesome thread. I have a scph75004 pal system trying to softmod with nfsu2 and it does not work tryied using different quality discs and diff burn programs.... gt a ps fat and the burnt disc runs on it bt dont have a network adaptor so my only hope is my slim bt after putting in the burnt disc it spins slower and faster and music stops and start then takes me to the red screen of failure say to insert a ps2 disc... plz help and is the 75004 moddable.
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

why not use the phat PS2 to install FmcB ?
just choose multi install and it should work with any PS2 of that region
(like I used a Phat PS2 and the MC works with my Slim)
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
General Jewel

Post by General Jewel »

Can someone please tell me how to exactly put over 4gb ps2 games on a external fat32 hdd. all games under 4gb are fine but trouble getting I.e gta3 on my hdd cos of the limit! All I see is usbutil but never in what to do or how to use :/
fate6
Big Beholder

Post by fate6 »

just use OpenPS2Loader since it can read .iso ;)

EDIT: never mind I did not notice the fat32 part >___<
I use a HDD on my phat PS2 so IDK anything about USB HDD's :/
anon wrote:If you can't trust a 600 year old vampire in a prepubescent girl's body, who can you trust?
DESTROYER_ONER

Post by DESTROYER_ONER »

you can also load your games through an Ethernet cable, load speed is much faster
GhettoBeta59

Post by GhettoBeta59 »

General Jewel wrote:Can someone please tell me how to exactly put over 4gb ps2 games on a external fat32 hdd. all games under 4gb are fine but trouble getting I.e gta3 on my hdd cos of the limit! All I see is usbutil but never in what to do or how to use :/
Sorry for the lack of explanation, I use USBUtil because it is easier for me at least. Here are the steps:

1.) Download from this link: psx-scene.com/forums/attachments/f100/15499d1246350254-usbutil-iseko-usbutil-v2.00-full-%5Benglish-version%5D.rar Extract the files and open the application.

2.) Go to [File], Create game from ISO (or simply ctrl+j). Find your game in the first column, and make the output of you game on the root of your USB drive that you want to use, like F: or M: (whatever your USB drive is). Don't enable any patches for the games, and you can rename it anything you want to. Your USB drive still needs to be defragmented so follow those instructions afterwards.

Now you just run OPL and the game should be there. Hope I helped!

Return to “Tutorials”