Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

PS3xport Released!

Casavult

PS3xport Released!

Post by Casavult »

Well this a pleasant surprise.

Rememeber KaKaRoTo? Well he just released a tool to manipulate the back up data of a PS3 HDD. :)
KaKaRoTo wrote:What does it do? Well, it’s basically a tool for manipulating the PS3 backup data. When I say “PS3 backup”, I’m not talking about a “backup” of a game, no.. I’m talking about the full PS3 hard drive backup that you can do by going to “System Settings->Backup Utility” on your XMB. That creates an encrypted directory on your FAT32 hard drive which allows you to format your PS3 and then Restore it just like it was before. I’ve reverse engineered the file format and encryption and PS3xport allows you to create new backup data from scratch, or dump existing ones, or delete specific files from a backup or do a whole lot of other things to your backup folders. This gives you total control over your /dev_hdd0 and /dev_flash2 filesystems, which will let you install homebrew on any console, even if it’s the latest OFW version. Unfortunately, just like it was 3 years ago, you wouldn’t be able to run those homebrew apps you install due to the NPDRM ECDSA signature missing. If you have your IDPS though for example, it could let you restore a backup from one PS3 to another PS3 without losing any of your data in the transfer.
Read more about this tool via his blog.

Source: KaKaRoTo Blog.
Advertising
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •
MovingxTarget

Re: PS3xport Released!

Post by MovingxTarget »

This does enable you to use mods in Just cause 2 if I am not mistaken? Create the dropzone folder, enter what you want and than re put back on HDD
Advertising
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
vappy

Post by vappy »

http://playstationhax.it/forums/topic/1 ... -by-flatz/
and flatz just released his tool to get the idps of any console, OFW or CFW. Unfortunately it needs PSN access to work, so will probably get patched in the next update.
Casavult

Post by Casavult »

Yeah, it does need PSN access. I can confirm that it works also. Managed to grab the CID's of several 3k PS3's.

Friendly reminder...

Trading/buying/selling/etc is not allowed (this includes CID's).
• PS4Pro 2TB OFW • PS3 3k 1TB OFW • PS3 Slim 2k 500GB 4.84.2 DEX Rebug • PS3 Slim 2k 250GB 4.84.2 CEX Rebug •
• PSV 1k 32GB 3.60 HENkaku • 3x PSP 2k (TA-085v1) 128GB 6.60 ME-2.3 • PSP 2k (TA-085v2) 32GB 6.60 ME-2.3 •

Return to “Homebrew”