Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

ReVITAlize Homebrew contest: Step 1!

Salimas

Re: ReVITAlize Homebrew contest: Step 1!

Post by Salimas »

My Girl gave me some constructive criticism,two minds one Revitalize.
Advertising
Attachments
rejuvenate.png
rejuvenate.png (72.61 KiB) Viewed 17017 times
jakesucks

Post by jakesucks »

Jacob Parkinson wrote:hey, "jakesucks" funny user name. Thought you were trying to insult me, but anyway nice design would not surprise If it got close it winning. What would be cool is maybe adding an aurora in the sky. Good Work.
Thanks for the kind words! And also, my username is just something I thought of myself, my name is Jake. It's a bit of an odd coincidence! :lol:
Advertising
my website
PSP E1002 6.60 LME-2.2
PSP 3002 6.60 PRO-CFW
PSVITA 2002 3.51 PSM Unity
lianky

Post by lianky »

Just leaving this here so people can visualise what this would look like. Looking forward to seeing more designs as they are all great... Good work guys !

orangpelupa

Post by orangpelupa »

that nice looking 8 bit. i want try too
Jab007

Post by Jab007 »

Here are my ones:

Version 1:

Version 2:

Revision:
- Changed the W icon and replaced it with the original wololo.net logo.
Last edited by Jab007 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
ArcFutahito

Post by ArcFutahito »

lianky wrote: Wow. Someone is cranky ! Shouldn't you just be happy with the enthusiasm around all of this instead of bashing every effort made by others ?
I guess I'm a horrible person. It's just that the place I came from, criticism is considered more of a help than bashing (but I kind of mix those two together).
Everyone, from a little kid to old geezer has a sense of aesthetically pleasing, so, it's safe to consider that 99.999% of people here know when something is cool or not. Now, if you make a picture, which looks like a torture device nazis would hang in their labor camps to remind people that life is pain and suffering, you kind of should feel that your picture is wrong. If you're feeling that your picture is wrong and posting it anyway, you're halfassing it and why would you ever do that?.
I don't really want to hurt someone's feelings, so sorry. Maybe listing submissions that are cool will help with situation?
jakesucks' "cosmic" background looks cool and hand-made (I think that logo needs a little bit of tweaking to make it more genesis like (plus, it reminded me of Sega CD loading screen but better)
orangpelupa tries really hard too (but, god, why would you ever make "Re" and "lize" parallel to the side of A and V). It's not that I love his logos, I just see actual effort.
St3f did a really good one too (which I think I already said - I'm a bit jelly to not think about 8 bit first), I don't even have any complaints so he's frigging awesome.
Everything else ranges from "Meh" to "Oh God, why?"

@Jacob Parkinson
"free software such as GIMP which is rubbish"
Just... go away. GIMP is awesome, I still use it from time to time
"were a thing with arrows which I made in MS Paint"
Uh-huh.
they were a thing with arrows which I made in MS Paint then tried to scale them as a vector map.
Just don't think that if you mention "vector", you'll look better, because, what the heck were you trying to say with this sentence? Is it "I upscaled it and didn't give a jack, just like if it was vector" or "I upscaled it and thought "Whatever" so I slapped it in the picture/"
If I put more effort in of cause it would be better.
Yea, it would.
6261636b206f666620626f79206f766572776973520492077696c6c20707474206220686fc6520696e20796f75722068656164
47 65 74 20 67 6f 6f 64 2c 20 62 75 64 64 79

@hanzyusuf
u like mine? :D
(silently patting hanzyusuf on the back with tears in my eyes)
SpaceFolding

Post by SpaceFolding »

I don't own a Vita yet, it's being shipped from Japan right now. But before I receive mine and mess with PSM, I want to make a contribution to the community in anticipation of the great things to come out of this exploit. If I get lucky and win the $20, I'm putting it towards a TN-V exploit game and a PS1 exploit game. Cheers.

Edit: Made some PS button shapes
Last edited by SpaceFolding on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
orangpelupa

Post by orangpelupa »

ArcFutahito wrote: orangpelupa tries really hard too (but, god, why would you ever make "Re" and "lize" parallel to the side of A and V). It's not that I love his logos, I just see actual effort.
dude, what do you mean tries really hard? it was just 5 minutes work for each submission :lol:

the hard part is uploading it (i have really crappy internet) to imgur and/or forum attachment.
why would you ever make "Re" and "lize" parallel to the side of A and V).
because i want to. Do you have problem with it?

here edited that in a jiffy to appease ArcFutahito, The Art Master.

Attachments
vY8N7Cy.png
vY8N7Cy.png (10.09 KiB) Viewed 16915 times
KuzEIuO.png
KuzEIuO.png (8.14 KiB) Viewed 16915 times
ArcFutahito

Post by ArcFutahito »

orangpelupa wrote: dude, what do you mean tries really hard? it was just 5 minutes work for each submission :lol:
because i want to. Do you have problem with it?
here edited that in a jiffy to appease ArcFutahito, The Art Master.
I guess I didn't say it right. It's not about time consumption, it's about level of skill, applied to the submission. And, yes, now it's awesome. Text was way too oblique and being smart with Vita damaged it instead of improving.
One thing I can say, logo text is teeny tiny bit off center.
darkado34

Post by darkado34 »

Just having some fun with three ff menu versions of splashscreen :)

Return to “Announcements”