Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

ReVITAlize Homebrew contest: Step 1!

boughtavita

Re: ReVITAlize Homebrew contest: Step 1!

Post by boughtavita »

I just want to say, I think it's awesome, that everyone, people of all different skill levels are contributing in this competition, so many submissions! This is what a community is all about!
Advertising
lianky

Post by lianky »

ArcFutahito wrote:
lianky wrote: Wow. Someone is cranky ! Shouldn't you just be happy with the enthusiasm around all of this instead of bashing every effort made by others ?
I guess I'm a horrible person. It's just that the place I came from, criticism is considered more of a help than bashing (but I kind of mix those two together).
Everyone, from a little kid to old geezer has a sense of aesthetically pleasing, so, it's safe to consider that 99.999% of people here know when something is cool or not. Now, if you make a picture, which looks like a torture device nazis would hang in their labor camps to remind people that life is pain and suffering, you kind of should feel that your picture is wrong. If you're feeling that your picture is wrong and posting it anyway, you're halfassing it and why would you ever do that?.
I don't really want to hurt someone's feelings, so sorry. Maybe listing submissions that are cool will help with situation?
jakesucks' "cosmic" background looks cool and hand-made (I think that logo needs a little bit of tweaking to make it more genesis like (plus, it reminded me of Sega CD loading screen but better)
orangpelupa tries really hard too (but, god, why would you ever make "Re" and "lize" parallel to the side of A and V). It's not that I love his logos, I just see actual effort.
St3f did a really good one too (which I think I already said - I'm a bit jelly to not think about 8 bit first), I don't even have any complaints so he's frigging awesome.
Everything else ranges from "Meh" to "Oh God, why?"

@ArcFutahito
The thing is your criticism isn't constructive, it's just pure judgement without any argumentation. And no one should have the pretentiousness to judge like that. You act real high and mighty when most of the posts here a just as good and legit as yours in my opinion.
Advertising
ArcFutahito

Post by ArcFutahito »

lianky wrote: The thing is your criticism isn't constructive, it's just pure judgement without any argumentation. And no one should have the pretentiousness to judge like that. You act real high and mighty when most of the posts here a just as good and legit as yours in my opinion.
Legit statement. But how can I criticize things without coming off as pretentious ****? When it's good and just a little "meh" thing, I can point that out (like with that orange screen), but when you see a complete mess you can't save with adjustments, what can you say? Delete it and don't embarrass yourself in front of the people or do it completely over? I don't call names (well, except that stock PowerPoint background which was too funny to pass and guy who posted horrible pixelated scaled up mess and acted like he's Da Vinci) and just point in general direction. Plus, nobody really entitled me to be an art judge of thousand designs, people react because they really know they didn't do it right.
I said it already, but let me repeat: I think everyone is perfectly capable of producing quality stuff, some just need a little push (or, well, punch in the nuts) to get it right. Maybe I'm not doing it right, but, hey, it's not easy to point at exact flaw when it comes to something like design.
In the end, yeah, I guess I'm being ****, but calling out a bad thing is better than hypocritical "Oh, it's so good, keep it up!". At least, that's what I've learned and what I ask from other people when they are looking at my work (whether it's design or something else).
Ruben_Wolfe

Post by Ruben_Wolfe »

jakesucks wrote:Here is what I done. I tried to go for a space theme, kind of like the Genesis one. Hope you enjoy! :D

Just wanted to say I really like this one.
hanzyusuf

Post by hanzyusuf »

ArcFutahito wrote:
lianky wrote: Wow. Someone is cranky ! Shouldn't you just be happy with the enthusiasm around all of this instead of bashing every effort made by others ?
I guess I'm a horrible person. It's just that the place I came from, criticism is considered more of a help than bashing (but I kind of mix those two together).
Everyone, from a little kid to old geezer has a sense of aesthetically pleasing, so, it's safe to consider that 99.999% of people here know when something is cool or not. Now, if you make a picture, which looks like a torture device nazis would hang in their labor camps to remind people that life is pain and suffering, you kind of should feel that your picture is wrong. If you're feeling that your picture is wrong and posting it anyway, you're halfassing it and why would you ever do that?.
I don't really want to hurt someone's feelings, so sorry. Maybe listing submissions that are cool will help with situation?
jakesucks' "cosmic" background looks cool and hand-made (I think that logo needs a little bit of tweaking to make it more genesis like (plus, it reminded me of Sega CD loading screen but better)
orangpelupa tries really hard too (but, god, why would you ever make "Re" and "lize" parallel to the side of A and V). It's not that I love his logos, I just see actual effort.
St3f did a really good one too (which I think I already said - I'm a bit jelly to not think about 8 bit first), I don't even have any complaints so he's frigging awesome.
Everything else ranges from "Meh" to "Oh God, why?"

@Jacob Parkinson
"free software such as GIMP which is rubbish"
Just... go away. GIMP is awesome, I still use it from time to time
"were a thing with arrows which I made in MS Paint"
Uh-huh.
they were a thing with arrows which I made in MS Paint then tried to scale them as a vector map.
Just don't think that if you mention "vector", you'll look better, because, what the heck were you trying to say with this sentence? Is it "I upscaled it and didn't give a jack, just like if it was vector" or "I upscaled it and thought "Whatever" so I slapped it in the picture/"
If I put more effort in of cause it would be better.
Yea, it would.
6261636b206f666620626f79206f766572776973520492077696c6c20707474206220686fc6520696e20796f75722068656164
47 65 74 20 67 6f 6f 64 2c 20 62 75 64 64 79

@hanzyusuf
u like mine? :D
(silently patting hanzyusuf on the back with tears in my eyes)
@ArcFutahito
broo..i also got tears in my eyes...sniff sniff....i will never cute onions again !!! :p
ArcFutahito

Post by ArcFutahito »

hanzyusuf wrote: broo..i also got tears in my eyes...sniff sniff....i will never cute onions again !!! :p
WHYYYY? WHY ONIONS!? WHY ONIONS ARE SO CUTE?? ( T-T )
lianky

Post by lianky »

Had a bit of fun on this one..

diliegrOS

Post by diliegrOS »

A modification of the original design and my last submission. It looks nice on the Vita.
Greetings.

MANMichail

Post by MANMichail »

[img]ReVITALize.jpg[/img]
Attachments
My picture
My picture
ReVITALize.jpg (195.94 KiB) Viewed 16833 times
jefphar

Post by jefphar »

Here is mine Wololo hope you like it
Attachments
Wololo1.JPG
Wololo1.JPG (183.52 KiB) Viewed 17330 times

Return to “Announcements”