Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

ReVITAlize Homebrew contest: Step 1!

spittnacid

Re: ReVITAlize Homebrew contest: Step 1!

Post by spittnacid »

SpaceFolding wrote:I don't own a Vita yet, it's being shipped from Japan right now. But before I receive mine and mess with PSM, I want to make a contribution to the community in anticipation of the great things to come out of this exploit. If I get lucky and win the $20, I'm putting it towards a TN-V exploit game and a PS1 exploit game. Cheers.

Thats risky. Hope you are getting some special limited edition version and you went through amazon or some other reputable source to get it.I dont see any reason at all anyone would buy a vita from asia. There are plenty in europe and north america for about 100US$ used.
Advertising
leeloyd

Post by leeloyd »

Here's mine, inspired by tomorow s' released ;)

Advertising
orangpelupa

Post by orangpelupa »

StarMelter wrote:Image
looks nice albeit a bit overdesigned. i think it will looks even better if you make it simpler (no border, same font, no overabundance of elemets) and center (vertically and horizontally, for each elements). Your second image is going to the right direction.
Erixsan wrote:BTW, it's kinda sad that many entries won't apply for the contest for using assets from somewhere else...
Also, the amount of original entries was cool too!
i think a bit of leeway will be given. Some stuff is a given that its not original content, e.g. fonts.
ArcFutahito

Post by ArcFutahito »

orangpelupa is trying so hard to keep up, it gets more and more fun x)
StarMelter

Post by StarMelter »

orangpelupa wrote:
StarMelter wrote:Image
looks nice albeit a bit overdesigned. i think it will looks even better if you make it simpler (no border, same font, no overabundance of elemets) and center (vertically and horizontally, for each elements). Your second image is going to the right direction.
Erixsan wrote:BTW, it's kinda sad that many entries won't apply for the contest for using assets from somewhere else...
Also, the amount of original entries was cool too!
i think a bit of leeway will be given. Some stuff is a given that its not original content, e.g. fonts.
I'm not sure what you mean but maybe you mean centered elements like this ? :
orangpelupa

Post by orangpelupa »

@StarMelter
hi, the revitalize thunder logo and the wololo.net can be treated as one element. Take it as the main view point, as an element that attracts attention :)

i mean on your 2nd image, the wololo.net text is not centered. its too close to the top. horizontally its confusing on what element it is centered.

i think you can mix your 1st and 2nd image to get better one.
- So make the style simple like the 2nd image,
- use the simple and balanced font style of the 1st image.
- put the wololo.net text in the middle, right between the start of the black box and the leg of the thunder icon.
- make the bottom of the black bar in the same vertical position as the bottom "positive polarity" node on the right.

good luck :) and don't too hung up on my comments. It is your design, believe in yourself, your art.
StarMelter

Post by StarMelter »

orangpelupa wrote:@StarMelter
hi, the revitalize thunder logo and the wololo.net can be treated as one element. Take it as the main view point, as an element that attracts attention :)

i mean on your 2nd image, the wololo.net text is not centered. its too close to the top. horizontally its confusing on what element it is centered.

i think you can mix your 1st and 2nd image to get better one.
- So make the style simple like the 2nd image,
- use the simple and balanced font style of the 1st image.
- put the wololo.net text in the middle, right between the start of the black box and the leg of the thunder icon.
- make the bottom of the black bar in the same vertical position as the bottom "positive polarity" node on the right.

good luck :) and don't too hung up on my comments. It is your design, believe in yourself, your art.
Ok , thanks for your suggestions :D Updated my post and maybe it became close enough to your vision xD
TheGeth

Post by TheGeth »

@thelegiongeth
domthybomb

Post by domthybomb »

orangpelupa

Post by orangpelupa »

@starmelter that looked more balanced :D
One last suggestion, make the "homebrew competition" smaller, like your previous image (the one with reVITAlize font).

but dont let me confuses you. Choose which one you think best.

@TheGeth i think you made it in wrong resolution. Its mentioned on 1st post.

Return to “Announcements”