Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

New Forum Theme

Rauliki

Re: New Forum Theme

Post by Rauliki »

If users and their opinion are less important than features, you have some problems with priorities.
Users tell you that this "mobile theme" is not so mobile for them. You wanted to know why, I wrote that. And what will you do about it?
<irony>In two weeks you will add Like button, as it's most important button in WEB 0.2. </irony>

Features or readability?

I will find a way to remove this Old theme info, it's not impossible. Not from your site, just from my vision in web browser.
Advertising
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Alright people, calm down.

The new theme was introduced for 2 reasons:
- one is that google has been sending me emails repeatedly about how the forum was not mobile friendly, and that a change needed to happen
- the second one is that people kept asking for mobile support, specifically tapatalk. Now, I have personal issues with how tapatalk runs as a business, so I preferred to go with a mobile friendly theme rather than tapatalk. That point is non negotiable

Rauliki, your statement above is extremely unfair. I have listened to people's comments about the new theme, and I have addressed many of them, as stated here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=41797&start=20#p381984

I realize there's lots of other updates to be made, but you have to give me some time. This site is not my entire life, I have a job and a family to attend to. There are also other aspects of the site that need attention, so I cannot be everywhere all the time.

To respond to people's complaints, I have put back the old theme. But I had to add a visible warning there, to make sure people realize this is not a supported theme. You, today, are making the change intentionally because you don't like the new theme, so you feel you don't need the warning message. But other people, in 1 month, in 10 months, etc... will also want to change, maybe because they think it's cool the forum has a different theme. So It will need to be clear at that point for these people, who are not aware of the new theme "battle", that they are using something deprecated. Do you understand that?

We have more than 50'000 members on this forum. There's 29 of you who switched to the old theme. I'm willing to be nice, and this is why I put that theme back, but if you guys cannot be satisfied, just because of a message in the header, then I don't think I want to be any more nice than that. You represent a noisy minority of the forum, and if I wanted to be fair, I should dedicate 0.06% (29/50000) of my time for you guys. That's 4 seconds a day, assuming I spend 2 hours on the site per day. By putting the old them back in place and replying to your angry messages, I've already done my share for the year.

With that being said, I've reduced the size of the "warning" banner so that it is less intrusive. But the banner needs to stay. This banner is not for you guys, it's for the people in 10 months who will switch to the old theme without understanding the consequences.

Rauliki, if you want to remove that "old theme" banner, use greasemonkey. It's a utility that allows you to modify the content of pages dynamically. This will be a good programming exercise for you.
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
reprep

Post by reprep »

It is much better to see the old theme banner smaller, thanks.
Rauliki

Post by Rauliki »

Rauliki, if you want to remove that "old theme" banner, use greasemonkey. It's a utility that allows you to modify the content of pages dynamically. This will be a good programming exercise for you.
I've changed layouts of my forum or web page when you were asking ppl what this 'internet' thing is all about.
If you want to inform people about old theme why don't use registering email and topic like this one?
qwikrazor87
Guru

Post by qwikrazor87 »

wololo wrote:You represent a noisy minority of the forum
I'm sure the majority of the 29 old themers haven't made a peep, so it's unfair to call them noisy too just for using the old theme. :P
PSP 2001 - TA-085 - 6.61 PRO-C2
PS Vita 3G - PCH-1101 - 3.65 HENkaku Ensō
Alcatel phone - Android 8.1.0
Laptop - Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5974 - Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

qwikrazor87 wrote:
wololo wrote:You represent a noisy minority of the forum
I'm sure the majority of the 29 old themers haven't made a peep, so it's unfair to call them noisy too just for using the old theme. :P
Fair enough.

The Z
VIP

Post by The Z »

wololo wrote:Alright people, calm down.

The new theme was introduced for 2 reasons:
- one is that google has been sending me emails repeatedly about how the forum was not mobile friendly, and that a change needed to happen
Do we have to link our Google+ accounts to our Wololo.net/talk accounts next, if we want to use the comments section?
White PSV TV - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
White PSV 1000 - 32GB - 3.65 CFW
2x PSV 2000 - 32/64GB - 3.65 CFW
PSP Fat 1000 - TA-081 - 6.61 ME-2.3
PSP Slim 2000 - TA-085¹ - 6.61 ME-2.3
4x PSPgo & 1x PSP 3kº⁴ᶢ - 6.61 LME-2.3∞
Rauliki

Post by Rauliki »

You should, Google will tell you what you should do with your forum.

Noisy minority? One day you will want opinions and no one will care.
What did you learn from ppl who didnt comment?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Rauliki wrote: Noisy minority? One day you will want opinions and no one will care.
What did you learn from ppl who didnt comment?
Don't get me wrong, this is a fair statement, and your feedback is appreciated. I have reduced the size of the "old" banner. Can we move on, please?

Rauliki

Post by Rauliki »

Ok. I really wish you and this site all the best.

Return to “Announcements”