Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Wololo.net's giant Easter Egg Hunt: $1000 to win!

DS_Marine
Developer

Re: Wololo.net's giant Easter Egg Hunt: $1000 to win!

Post by DS_Marine »

I found TB6J-5MNH-734N but it was already taken...so only 1 left for today?
Advertising
ImagePSP-Controlled drone
"Hackers don't have superpowers. Just a hackable PSP and a brain (ships by default on most humans models)" -Wololo
JMQMOfficials

Post by JMQMOfficials »

You know what would have been a challenge? Put a code in your reply but make the text invisible using HTML, so you have to quote that reply to see the code.

it's either Wololo is pulling off a giant April Fool's prank or I'm just bad at timing.

-----
DS_Marine wrote:I found TB6J-5MNH-734N but it was already taken...so only 1 left for today?
Where?

BS! I think Wololo used all of them!
Advertising
DS_Marine
Developer

Post by DS_Marine »

Well, the technique you just described was used, but in the blog article...
The funny thing is that I only found it because 'quoting' wololo in my reply to the article :D
ImagePSP-Controlled drone
"Hackers don't have superpowers. Just a hackable PSP and a brain (ships by default on most humans models)" -Wololo
JMQMOfficials

Post by JMQMOfficials »

Omg I just saw that. BS! I hate Wololo RN. It's not that easy.

what would've been better was if you put a code in /forum! POW, right there!
You should give me a $50 code right there for that idea, Wololo.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

This is definitely not an April fool's joke, despite the timing. I *am* giving away these codes, they are real, and they work (purchased from Amazon), as some of the winners have already confirmed to me (There's a totally unrelated April fool's joke going on on the forum as we speak, though)
DS_Marine wrote:I found TB6J-5MNH-734N but it was already taken...so only 1 left for today?
Right, so there's possibly one remaining egg in addition to the Twitter and facebook giveaways.
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
JMQMOfficials

Post by JMQMOfficials »

Are the codes straight to the root like - Wololo.net or Wololo.net/talk, or do I have to clickity-clack somewhere.
Last edited by JMQMOfficials on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
SMOKE
Retired Mod

Post by SMOKE »

@JMQMOfficials
Don't get mad at Wololo because you were late to the party ;)
JMQMOfficials

Post by JMQMOfficials »

I saw the blog post 5 minutes after posted but somehow all were already taken.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

JMQMOfficials wrote: what would've been better was if you put a code in /forum! POW, right there!
It's already here, at the bottom of the forum, POW, right there! It's just, you know, you missed it.

Don't worry though, more Easter Eggs are on the way. $1000 is 100 codes, there's still 90% to go, and in total that's a potential of 100 winners!

pro tip: followers on twitter and facebook are usually the first ones to get the information, because I tweet and post on facebook for every new article on the blog. Some of my twitter followers reacted super quickly yesterday and got the codes. The same is likely to happen next time we put Eggs

pro tip 2: if you don't like the "randomness" of all this, which I can understand, give a try to our "tutorial contest", which gets winners PSN codes after a fair and square vote. We'll have this contest happen again in April, after votes are in for the March contest!
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
Leires

Post by Leires »

Haha, I got here certainly too late to grab any, but man you had me searching -far- harder than i needed to..I tried several wololo.net/*url*s, i checked your Archives pulldown to see if there was something hidden in that, I checked your oldest post you'd made, i checked all sorts of silly, ridiculous things. I even went to your wagic page and checked your github. While i appreciate your generosity, you sure had me running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to find stuff that wasn't -nearly- as hidden as i'm used to. Heck, i even considered DLing Wagic and seeing if you had some sort of readme.txt attached with a code hidden in it. You're a kind man, (and please god don't hurt me) but you're not very imaginative! D;

Return to “Announcements”