Advertising (This ad goes away for registered users. You can Login or Register)

Forum rules updated: Multiple accounts

wololo
Site Admin

Forum rules updated: Multiple accounts

Post by wololo »

We updated the rules with the following rule about multiple accounts:
- Multiple accounts: Each user can only have one and only one account. All clones (other accounts for same user) will be immediately permabanned with no warning whatsoever. The original account (taken as the oldest account for that user) will be sanctioned at least with one warning, up to direct permaban, to the moderation team discretion. Banned accounts count as one account as well.

The idea here is that we are fed up with trolls who keep coming up with new accounts after being permabanned, and who then dare complain to us that there is no explicit rule about double accounts. So now, there it is. Basically, once you get permabanned from these forums, you cannot come back, even (especially) with a new identity.

This will most likely have no impact to most users of the forums, only to the 2-3 trolls that keep coming back even though we don't want them.
Advertising
If you need US PSN Codes, this technique is what I recommend.

Looking for guest bloggers and news hunters here at wololo.net, PM me!
Helix GeNeReToR

Re: Forum rules updated: Multiple accounts

Post by Helix GeNeReToR »

Nice. this will stop the spammers
Advertising
My Gadget Info
iPhone 5S - iOS 7.1
Sony Xperia L (Rooted :) )
Dell Inspiron 15z 5523
PSP 3004 (4g)- 6.60 PRO C fix3

nisarg_kolhe

Post by nisarg_kolhe »

fouadtjuhmaster wrote:What if more people using one IP-Adress?
Its easy to spot them, just the way they post and talk about the people! :lol:
Reality Sucks! :|
!~My Blog~!
[spoiler]Ultimate PS3 Theme Mod v2.1(For PSP)
Image[/spoiler]
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

fouadtjuhmaster wrote:What if more people using one IP-Adress?
Like nisarg said, it will be fairly easy for the staff to differentiate legit users from people creating dupe/clone accounts just to say, boost a homebrews rank or bump threads they create on this forum.

We're green/red/orange for a reason. ;)

Also, for anyone that does break this rule, this is your warning, it's not the staff's fault if someone doesn't read the rules of this forum. No more "Well I didn't know about that rule" excuses will be tolerated. Bans will be instant so for your accounts sake, just follow the rules, they're not that complicated/hard to follow.
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
I AM A RETIRED MODERATOR!
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

vitaFTW wrote:What if an ex-troll had a chager of heat, changed their ip, used a proxy to signup and used a temp email service and has not been helping and not hurting the community? can exceptions be made for these users of they really are helping the community? :geek: if so then I can pm you my true identity if needed if not then ban me now.
This thread is for announcing a new forum rule, not playing a game of guess who. Any more posts like this and warnings will be issued.
DO NOT MESSAGE ME ABOUT THE NAME OF ANY NINJA RELEASE GAME! I WILL NOT PROVIDE YOU WITH THE NAME OF THE GAME AND IF YOU PERSIST THEN I WILL REPORT YOU TO THE STAFF!
DaAnimeOtaku

Post by DaAnimeOtaku »

What about username changes?
For legitimate users, the only reason why I would want to create a new account is cuz I want a different username.
Could you allow username change option?
If you want to avoid having people always changing usernames, you could:
a) have a limit of 3 changes max total.
b) only allow changing usernames once a month or something.

Please take this into consideration.
Cheerios.
PSP 3002 - 4.20 → 5.51 → 6.20 → TN-A → TN-B → TN-C → 5.03 → GEN-C prome-4 → 6.20 → TN-C → TN-D → 6.35 → PRO-B2 → PRO-B3 → 6.20 → PRO-B4 → PRO-B5 → PRO-B6 → PRO-B7 → PRO-B8 → PRO-B9 → PRO-B10
Click here for pure awesomeness
Disturbed0ne
Retired Mod

Post by Disturbed0ne »

DaAnimeOtaku wrote:What about username changes?
For legitimate users, the only reason why I would want to create a new account is cuz I want a different username.
Could you allow username change option?
If you want to avoid having people always changing usernames, you could:
a) have a limit of 3 changes max total.
b) only allow changing usernames once a month or something.

Please take this into consideration.
Cheerios.
That's not something that we really want to get started on. Once one person does it then 2 dozen more will want to do it and the staff will spend most of their time dealing with that instead of worrying about actual rule violations.

Unless your username is offensive there should really be no reason to change it.
shinratdr2

Post by shinratdr2 »

I only created two accounts because my Gmail account was inaccessible for a couple of hours so I couldn't activate it. That has been solved so you are welcome to ban/delete this account. I couldn't find an option to close the account in the prefs.

Thanks.
anc96

Post by anc96 »

Disturbed0ne wrote: That's not something that we really want to get started on. Once one person does it then 2 dozen more will want to do it and the staff will spend most of their time dealing with that instead of worrying about actual rule violations.

Unless your username is offensive there should really be no reason to change it.
I understand where you're coming from - maybe it could be limited to users who've been registered for x months or have a certain number of posts? I'd like to change my username and I'm sure some other members would as well.
fouadtjuhmaster

Post by fouadtjuhmaster »

anc96 wrote: I understand where you're coming from - maybe it could be limited to users who've been registered for x months or have a certain number of posts? I'd like to change my username and I'm sure some other members would as well.
I guess when you register, you think good of what you're usename would be. When i register, i do not expect to change it.

Return to “Announcements”