MTG Storyline - 01 - The Brothers' War - V1.7 - WTH 0.13.1

A place to find all custom made campaigns, mods and to discuss the story mode and how to create mods.
AgogData

Re: MTG Storyline - 01 - The Brothers' War - V1.7 - WTH 0.13.1

Post by AgogData »

can someone plz help me with defeating the roc ?
till now i managed to take the spider card from him to my hand but when i attack him the spider return tapped and i can't block his attack and i'm defeated
how can i get through this ?
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

AgogData wrote:can someone plz help me with defeating the roc ?
till now i managed to take the spider card from him to my hand but when i attack him the spider return tapped and i can't block his attack and i'm defeated
how can i get through this ?
Well maybe you shouldn't attack him with the spider... you're goal is to defeat the roc and the spider can block as it has reach... you will need to find a way to raise the PW/TH of the spider thought....

If you really can't get through this one then send me a PM I could give you a step by step guide on how to defeat the roc.... but I rather not make that public...

Maybe I should make a walkthrough... ;-)

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
AgogData

Post by AgogData »

thanx abra i will use the defending hint :idea:
Foreroes

Post by Foreroes »

Hi Abra.
Congratulations for your awesome campaign (especially the roc, it was fantastic :D ).
I enjoyed all the campaign, you have worked very hard and you have achieved a very good campaing with original duels (not only the tipical "down your opponent life under 0 and win").
Only one thing: in the last battle the game crases (I'm not sure if that's the last one, it's called urza_batle or something like that); I use a sorcery to resurrect one of the creatures in graveyard's opponents, then when I use this creature to block one attacking creature the game crashes.
I've been testing and it no depens on the creature (I blocked with the two possibles creatures that can be resurrected).

Thanks a lot for your work!.
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Foreroes wrote:Hi Abra.
Congratulations for your awesome campaign (especially the roc, it was fantastic :D ).
I enjoyed all the campaign, you have worked very hard and you have achieved a very good campaing with original duels (not only the tipical "down your opponent life under 0 and win").
Only one thing: in the last battle the game crases (I'm not sure if that's the last one, it's called urza_batle or something like that); I use a sorcery to resurrect one of the creatures in graveyard's opponents, then when I use this creature to block one attacking creature the game crashes.
I've been testing and it no depens on the creature (I blocked with the two possibles creatures that can be resurrected).

Thanks a lot for your work!.
Thanks for your thanks.... it's already a challenge to go as far as you did....but you're missing the final...and all the bonus screen !!!!

Well let me just state that this duel is pretty obscure because I did not really gave clues on how to win it (well it's suppose also to be one of the most difficult in the game)... So you are not suppose to ressurect a creature to win, maybe the easiest way for me to avoid bug in the future would be to remove this card from your beginning hand (on the other hand it's funny to think that some of you manage to actually play it, although you actually don't seem to have the mana for that)... this has alreay be reported in fact and I still didn't change it....

Well to give you a tip, you need to tap a card that usually don't to win this challenge...

So try again and don't ressurect an opponent creature... you need naturally more than one turn and you MUST save the blueprint...

If you are still blocked don't hesitate to ask for more tip, and naturally I will enjoy if you manage to finisih it to have your final feedback on the whole campaign. By the way which version did you play with and on witch platform ?

Grü
We need your Help !!!

Foreroes

Post by Foreroes »

thanks for your reply, I'll try to do a different thing and not resurrect a creature.
About versions I'm playing Brothers war 1.7, in wagic 13.1, on PC plataform.
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Foreroes wrote:thanks for your reply, I'll try to do a different thing and not resurrect a creature.
About versions I'm playing Brothers war 1.7, in wagic 13.1, on PC plataform.
Cool, you are the first one to report about the 1.7 version (although it was downloaded 57 times)... as you might have noticed you only get rewards and new music in-between screen in the first part of the game... so the music might get on your nerve for the other part...lol...Maybe I should go forward with the whole thing since there still seems to be a lot of PC users...

I wonder how long it took you to get so far... In my playtest I roughly manage to get through the whole thing in about 1H but that's because I know everything...all in all it's a very short time when you think it took me 3 month to develop...

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!

KF1

Post by KF1 »

Now how did I miss this? I'll d/l and post if I run into any problems.

Thanks for sharing this Abrasax.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

ran into a very nasty bug,

in the 2nd part of the story, suchi puzzle, i lost, i clicked "retry" and it reloaded the match except nothing in play, nothing in hand, and it saved the match like this so exiting and coming back i can not advance this story any further.
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Zethfox wrote:ran into a very nasty bug,

in the 2nd part of the story, suchi puzzle, i lost, i clicked "retry" and it reloaded the match except nothing in play, nothing in hand, and it saved the match like this so exiting and coming back i can not advance this story any further.
Ok for those having this bug, copy the folder "duel_machines" and renamed the copied folder "duel_machines_again", I forgot to add it... lol... will probably post an update later together with some more "reward".

Note that you will only get the reward in 1.7 if you finish challenges/duels the first time..

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!