Sylvan Basilisk code

Discute about general card coding keyword, ask questions and get answer about the mechanism, about the guideline, the direction we want to go...etc...
lozanogo

Sylvan Basilisk code

Post by lozanogo »

I read in the issue list about Sylvan Basilisk. I have this two proposed codes to fix it under the primitives section:

1) auto= @each my attackers: deathtouch ueot (does ueot is still used? I couldn't find it in the primitives file).

2) auto= lord (silvan basilisk [attacking]|mybattlefield) deathtouch ueot // (and if ueot doesn't works add next line)
auto= lord (other silvan basilisk [attacking]|mybattlefield) -deathtouch

Edit: my mistake, there is code with ueot in the primitives section.
Zethfox

Re: Sylvan Basilisk code

Post by Zethfox »

the probelm with this is deathtouch requires damage to be done, the Sylvan Basilisk effect should happen even if 0 damage was dealt

and im talking about the ACTUAL code in wagic for deathtouch.
lozanogo

Re: Sylvan Basilisk code

Post by lozanogo »

I see the problem. I am not sure if the hardcode actually sets Sylvan Basilisk correct or actually triggers the effects as reported on the issue (in the google code page). Looking at the MTGAbility file, the hard code is
case 135215: //Sylvan Basilisk
{
game->addObserver( NEW ABasilik (_id ,card));
break;
}

and I'm not sure what it does exactly. If it is the same as the posted issue then I think even adding the incomplete 'softcode' would be better (and in any case the player will defend the basilisk with more than 1 creature and it is not likely for the AI to do it).