Battle of Walkers game mode

A place to find all custom made campaigns, mods and to discuss the story mode and how to create mods.
gothx

Battle of Walkers game mode

Post by gothx »

Hello, I've made this little game mode to see if I could make a game similar to Shadow Era, or Commander.
It is still a work in progress right now but feel it has potential.

Right now the game allows you to start with a Planeswalker out on your side of the field and damage to a player is supposed to be dealt as 1 poison no matter the amount of damage (still working on it/ Planeswalkers deal regular damage and poison 1 at the moment) so then you either lose by losing all 20 life or by 10 poison counters.
When your Planeswalker is destroyed or put into the graveyard by ulting then at each cleanup phase you will be asked if you want to reanimate a target Planeswalker from your graveyard.
The idea behind this is to try and always have a Planeswalker out during each turn.
I'd suggest to use a 61 card deck 60main /1 Planswalker and try to only have ONE Planeswalker in your deck.

Here is the code
Create a text file with notepad or wordpad, copy and paste game text and place file in Wagic/Res/rules
It should appear in the game mode screen

#Game_Mode#

include mtg.txt
name=WalkerszBttle2
[INIT]
mode=mtg

#MTG Game specific rules
auto=bonusrule
auto=putinplayrule
auto=kickerrule
auto=alternativecostrule
auto=buybackrule
auto=flashbackrule
auto=retracerule
auto=suspendrule
auto=morphrule
auto=payzerorule
auto=overloadrule
auto=attackrule
auto=attackcostrule
auto=blockrule
auto=blockcostrule
auto=combattriggerrule
auto=legendrule
auto=planeswalkerrule
auto=planeswalkerdamage
auto=planeswalkerattack
auto=tokencleanuprule
auto=persistrule
auto=vampirerule
auto=unearthrule
auto=lifelinkrule
auto=deathtouchrule
auto=soulbondrule
auto=dredgerule
auto=bestowrule

[PLAYERS]

auto=shuffle
auto=draw:7
auto=lord(Planeswalker) poisontoxic
auto=maxPlay(planewalkerrule)1

auto=@each upkeep:auto=moveTo(my battlefield) all(Planeswalker|myLibrary)
auto=moveTo(myBattlefield) all(Planeswalker|myLibrary)
auto=@each cleanup:auto=moveTo(myBattlefield) target(Planeswalker|mygraveyard)

#Lands Mana Rules
auto=lord(Plains[-noactivatedability;-nomanaability;-notapability;land]|MyBattlefield) {T}:Add{W}
auto=lord(Island[-noactivatedability;-nomanaability;-notapability;land]|MyBattlefield) {T}:Add{U}
auto=lord(Swamp[-noactivatedability;-nomanaability;-notapability;land]|MyBattlefield) {T}:Add{B}
auto=lord(Mountain[-noactivatedability;-nomanaability;-notapability;land]|MyBattlefield) {T}:Add{R}
auto=lord(Forest[-noactivatedability;-nomanaability;-notapability;land]|MyBattlefield) {T}:Add{G}

#Mana Empties from manapool at the end of each phase
auto=@each untap:removeMana(*)
auto=@each upkeep:removeMana(*)
auto=@each draw:removeMana(*)
auto=@each firstmain:removeMana(*)
auto=@each combatbegins:removeMana(*)
auto=@each attackers:removeMana(*)
auto=@each blockers:removeMana(*)
auto=@each combatdamage:removeMana(*)
auto=@each combatEnds:removeMana(*)
auto=@each secondmain:removeMana(*)
auto=@each end:removeMana(*)
auto=@each cleanup:removeMana(*)

#reset Creature damage at the cleanup phase
auto=@each cleanup:all(*|myBattlefield) resetDamage
gothx16

Re: Battle of Walkers game mode

Post by gothx16 »

Hello, I went through this after I saw the rules for the new Brawl format for commander and did some editing and testing with a practice deck with one Planeswalker in it.
I can confirm that both your Planeswalker and the ai's will "reanimate" from the graveyard at the end of each turn.
I am trying to use the Poison counters in substitute for commander damage. The Planeswalkers would deal damage to players in the form of Poison counters. Right now your Planeswalker seems to be able to damage your opponent and they will receive a poison counter but when your opponents Planeswalker damages you you do not receive any poison damage.
And I noticed when I kept adding +1 a Loyalty counter , the Loyalty counter did not increase.

If interested I'd like some help perfecting this. I haven't played Wagic in a long while so I'm not sure what code has been updated.

Also if you'd like to try out some decks only have one Planewalker in your and the ai's deck. The goal is to have decks with 60 singles (1 of each accept basic lands) 1 Planewalker to act as a general for your battle and the colors of the Planeswalker to be the colors of the deck.

For people who would like to try it, just copy this into a new text file and save it into your \Wagic-windows\User\rules folder and it should appear in the choice menu.

#[GAME_RULES]#
include mtg.txt
name=Planeswalker_Brawl
[INIT]
mode=mtg

[PLAYERS]

life:30
auto=shuffle
auto=draw:7
auto=sethand:7

auto=lord(Planeswalker) poisontoxic

auto=@each upkeep:auto=moveTo(myBattlefield) all(Planeswalker|myLibrary)
auto=moveTo(myBattlefield) all(Planeswalker|myLibrary)
auto=@each upkeep:auto=moveTo(myBattlefield) all(Planeswalker|myHand)
auto=moveTo(myBattlefield) all(Planeswalker|myHand)
auto=@each upkeep:auto=moveTo(myBattlefield) all(Planeswalker|exile)
auto=moveTo(myBattlefield) all(Planeswalker|exile)

auto=@each cleanup:auto=moveTo(myBattlefield) target(Planeswalker|myGraveyard)
auto=moveTo(myBattlefield) all(Planeswalker|myGraveyard)