Starting story Mode

A place to find all custom made campaigns, mods and to discuss the story mode and how to create mods.
jureidinim

Starting story Mode

Post by jureidinim »

*** edit ** Hope this isn't repeating unneccesarily - forum keeps logging me off when i post this forcing me to retry.

Hi all,
I've recently started playing Wagic on my Nexus 3 and Asus infinity (TF700) tablet - very good work.

However - I am unable to start the Story mode. Everything else seems to work fine - Classic play, deck editing, the store.. i've even unlocked a few sets from playing the AI.

When I try to start story mode, I get the next menu where the option "Where it all Begins" is there.. I press it, and the program closes. this happens on both my devices.

I didn't report this in the bug section as it seems, from searching and reading the forums, everyone else has it working ok - so, am i missing something? Was there something else i have to do to get this working?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
wololo
Site Admin

Re: Starting story Mode

Post by wololo »

I think it's related to how we incorrectly extract one of the music files...
see this related issue:
http://code.google.com/p/wagic/issues/d ... =1&q=story

Which version of the game are you running? Did you try our latest svn builds? viewtopic.php?t=31620&f=5
jureidinim

Post by jureidinim »

wololo wrote:I think it's related to how we incorrectly extract one of the music files...
see this related issue:
http://code.google.com/p/wagic/issues/d ... =1&q=story

Which version of the game are you running? Did you try our latest svn builds? viewtopic.php?t=31620&f=5

I am using the one from the download page - 18.6 I believe it is.

I read that post you linked and I muted the music in the settings, restarted the game, and the story mode ran perfectly. Thanks!

Is there anymore chapters past the first one?

Should I just upgrade to the SVN version? If so, would I lose all my unlocks/cards that I have now?
jureidinim

Post by jureidinim »

I muted the music and it worked. Thanks!
Is there anymore chapters to the story?

Should I upgrade to the SVN version (what else is upgraded there?) ? Would I lose my unlocks/cards ?
jureidinim

Post by jureidinim »

Just to let you know:
Updated to the SVN version - lost my decks but i think thats a mistake i made in backing up/restoring the files. I still have my collection so its ok.
Same problem happens for story mode though - goes to black screen. It WILL work if I mute the music in the options.

Side Note: Love the new tournament modes and Random deck challenges in the SVN version. Great work :-)