Thicker Than Water v1.1 -- UPDATED

A place to find all custom made campaigns, mods and to discuss the story mode and how to create mods.
Entertherat

Thicker Than Water v1.1 -- UPDATED

Post by Entertherat »

Download link: http://www.box.net/shared/u9oon8lgenvpsqy1kmyk
(RAR archive format)

THICKER THAN WATER v1.00
A Sasha and Gregor story
WHAT'S IN IT:
- Brand new avatars!
- Several custom cards!
- Lots of brand new illustrations!
- Several new and original musical compositions!
- A rich, complex story!

IMPORTANT!!!! -- The Metal Menace bossfight may appear to be impossible, but your deck will allow you to win. I won't reveal how, but I will give you a hint: make sure the "Interrupt My Abilities" option under Options is turned to YES.

Author Notes:
Hope you all enjoy this stuff. I think it's fairly polished, but I would have liked more time with the story (I only heard about the Wagic competition/contest 15 days ago!). Especially the music -- I would have liked to bring my workstation to bear for the project rather than hastily composing some tunes on my iPad, whose musical palette is a little...limited.

Regardless, I spent a fair amount of time on this story and hope you like it.

CREDITS:
All original music composed with Garage Band app, by Apple.

Illustrations operate under the creative commons license. Many thanks to fantasyartdesign.com and the wonderful art by Peter Seckler and Michael Noel.

UPDATED:
V1.1:
- Cleaned up some of the language
- Added music track: "Finny's Theme"
- Updated for Wagic 0.17

TO PLAY:
Unzip the "Thicker Than Water" folder into your main Wagic/user/campaigns folder. The folder marked "TTW" belongs in your main wagic/user/sets folder. After starting up Wagic, click on the "Play" icon, click "1 Player", and then click the name "Thicker Than Water" under "Story".

Author Notes:
Just a short update to TTW -- and I can verify this works on Wagic 0.17 (although the installation process has now changed, see above). As an added bonus, I put together a short musical ditty that (I hope) encapsulates Finny's character. As an extra added bonus for the eagle-eyed among you, you may notice that I put in some "preview" cards for the sequel in the cards.dat file! (The coming sequel, for simplification purposes, will also use the TTW cards.dat file.)

As always, the link for Thicker Than Water v1.1: http://www.box.com/s/97gegcifoqyhp9j4b29a

Enjoy!

Entertherat
Last edited by Entertherat on Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jlu_tcl

Re: Thicker Than Water v1.0 -- New Campaign!

Post by jlu_tcl »

i cant download it from box. could somebody share it in mediafire?
Entertherat

Post by Entertherat »

That's peculiar. Anyone else having trouble downloading this from box.net?

If other people are, then I'll start a mediafire account, although I'm not seeing any problems on my end.
goojamin

Post by goojamin »

box.net worked fine for me :)
JuDicus MaXimus

Post by JuDicus MaXimus »

Sweet! campaign mate playing it right now soundtrack and story rocks!!!
more,more,more haha. :D
jlu_tcl

Post by jlu_tcl »

it seems that I alone encounter this problem. who will help me?
bigman11

Post by bigman11 »

I think this is good and I liked it so far. I am stuck at the machines part. I have no strong monsters and the spell I need to use to kill the opponent's strong creatures also heals him.

*I was so frustrated that I didn't realize that this was the dreaded Metal Menace mission! It required some serious thoughtfulness and the hint didn't help me but I finally did it! I actually made so many +1/+1 counters so fast the first time that the game crashed!

Good game. I strongly recommend that you add a big hint to the "losing" screen since people might be more likely to think: "Did this guy even playtest this game?" than "I might have to use my brainz on this one..."
Entertherat

Post by Entertherat »

bigman11 wrote:I think this is good and I liked it so far. I am stuck at the machines part. I have no strong monsters and the spell I need to use to kill the opponent's strong creatures also heals him.

*I was so frustrated that I didn't realize that this was the dreaded Metal Menace mission! It required some serious thoughtfulness and the hint didn't help me but I finally did it! I actually made so many +1/+1 counters so fast the first time that the game crashed!

Good game. I strongly recommend that you add a big hint to the "losing" screen since people might be more likely to think: "Did this guy even playtest this game?" than "I might have to use my brainz on this one..."
Hmm...it might have to come down to that, although I haven't had many complaints (yet) about it. I'll freely admit the solution isn't obvious.

I have a hard time thinking of how to put in an appropriate clue that makes sense within the story, though. (I could include a hint in parentheses, I suppose, but that seems kind of jarring, and aesthetically unpleasing.)
taj1994

Post by taj1994 »

Any plans for another part/campaign that continues the story?
"The greatest harm can result from the best intentions" - Wizard's 2nd Rule
"Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie" - Wizard's 5th Rule
"Life is the future, not the past" - Wizard's 7th Rule
Entertherat

Post by Entertherat »

taj1994 wrote:Any plans for another part/campaign that continues the story?
Indeed there is! In fact, I'm busy writing the story and music for it as we speak. :)

Still got a bit of a ways to go, but hopefully I will release it when Wololo releases the 0.17 version of Wagic, to prevent compatability problems. (I intend to patch up Thicker Than Water to v1.1 for 0.17 before releasing the next installment.)

Cheers,
Entertherat