how to possibly add Planechase to wagic

A place to find all custom made campaigns, mods and to discuss the story mode and how to create mods.
gothx

how to possibly add Planechase to wagic

Post by gothx »

Hello, I've mentioned this before but would like to see if I can get more help.

Well, I was wondering how wagic decides whether or not who goes first? Is it some how random? If so, could we not use that code to generate numbers like 1-6?
say you role a one you use the special ability of the planechase card currently on the battlefield, and if you role a 6 you switch out the card for the next one after it.

I found this code in c for randomly generating natural numbers 1-100 using while loop

#include<stdio.h>
main()
{
int a=1;
clrscr();
while (a<=100)
{
printf("\n%d",a);
a=a+1;
}
getch();
}

I'm not sure if this would and or could help a random number generator for dice.

Are enchant world cards possible? If so, could you maybe, to help code the planechace cards, use that? have the cards as enchant world?
I know the planechace cards are huge but you could resize them maybe to fit...maybe?

within the planechase game mode, could you possibly add another zone? like how you have your library, and graveyard, could you maybe add another one within where you place your enchantments and artifacts?

The only thing I have a hard time figuring out how to add to the maybe planechase mode is how to tap your mana to be able to roll the dice multiple times within one turn.

I hope maybe this can start up something to add to wagic, a game mode of a type of game that already exist within magic.

If I am missing anything please comment and give feedback.
Zethfox

Re: how to possibly add Planechase to wagic

Post by Zethfox »

it's a little more complicated then that, a dice roll ability is not really what keeps planechase from being added.
to add it, we need to create a new zone "planechase library" then we need to create rules for this zone, then we need to add the buttons to gui to interact with the zone.
after this, we need to think of a decent place to display the current plane(space is very limited as it is). and create an area in the battlefield where it will be displayed and add the rules for how it interacts.
after that, we would need to implement various abilities which are not supported yet, so the planes do things when theyre out :P
then we need to create phase based rules for the planes.

if it was as simple as a dice roll, it would already be in, i promise you.
also, if i personally code planechase, i want to code this variant of it. becuase i think its the best way to play planechase hands down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxuEk2hc ... r_embedded
yuyu63

Re: how to possibly add Planechase to wagic

Post by yuyu63 »

Zethfox wrote:it's a little more complicated then that, a dice roll ability is not really what keeps planechase from being added.
to add it, we need to create a new zone "planechase library" then we need to create rules for this zone, then we need to add the buttons to gui to interact with the zone.
after this,
This is the hardest part i take it? but really most planes are a Activated ability stapeld to a global enchantment not that hard to make game wise.
Zethfox wrote:we need to think of a decent place to display the current plane(space is very limited as it is). and create an area in the battlefield where it will be displayed and add the rules for how it interacts.
My fiz for this would be a back ground with the cards txt and type.
Zethfox wrote:after that, we would need to implement various abilities which are not supported yet, so the planes do things when theyre out :P
then we need to create phase based rules for the planes.
Allmost all planes have an ability suported by magic with the exception of refering to planes themselvs.

after i typed this out i realised this topic is a year old