Wagic 0.16 Campaign/Mod contest - 100$ to win!

A place to find all custom made campaigns, mods and to discuss the story mode and how to create mods.
Vikta

Re: Wagic 0.16 Campaign/Mod contest - 100$ to win!

Post by Vikta »

jwilkes99999 wrote:I'd like to take a shot at it but I'm not sure I can throw something together in 3 days.
Don't worry about the time, I knocked the temple together in about 6hrs (8 if you include V2). 3 Days is more than enough to put together a simple proof of concept, don't worry if it's not perfect; you can iron out the kinks later.

If you're lost for ideas a simple 'Choose-your-own-adventure' style story would be a nice place to start*, all you need is a story and flow-chart of progression, putting together the XML is relatively straight forward. I can even throw together the basic code for you to develop and expand if you're stuck with that.

*It's what I'm considering for my next project but I currently have no idea for a story.
jwilkes99999

Post by jwilkes99999 »

Actually I already have a complete idea lol. Its just kind of large for 3 days. Actually 3 days would be plenty of time if I didn't have class all day two of those three days. I'm already putting off my last homework assignment to see how much of this I can get done today. I'm excited to have a goal. I just hope people like my idea. I have a feeling its either gonna be hit or miss.
jwilkes99999

Post by jwilkes99999 »

Stemming from my Knights & Dragons image pack I now give you Knights & Dragons & Elves & Dwarves or KDED. Its base is the Knights & Dragons mod created by wololo. It is an expansion to his mod adding two new sets (Elves and Dwarves) and also a campaign as there is now a story that unlocks the elf and dwarf sets upon completion.

Knights & Dragons & Elves & Dwarves
Download
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I4CUTK3S

Thread
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3241
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Haha, talk about last minute :) thanks for making the competition interesting (vikta would have felt a bit alone otherwise) :)
jwilkes99999

Post by jwilkes99999 »

Yeah, lol. I've literally spent like 28 of the last 36 hours working on it, and its still not nearly what I wanted it to be. I was hoping to have the first two chapters of the campaign and all the image sets complete before I posted it, but when I saw that wasn't gonna happen before tomorrow I split the work in half.
Entertherat

Post by Entertherat »

NEW CAMPAIGN: Thicker Than Water v1.0

Thread link:
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3244

Download link:
http://www.box.net/shared/u9oon8lgenvpsqy1kmyk

I would've worked even more at this if you can believe it (this is only a chapter of a larger story featuring my two protagonists, Sasha and Gregor), but I only heard about this contest two weeks ago. :p

This has the works! It's not a full mod, but it has new music (composed by yours truly), new images, new avatars, lots of goodies. Enjoy!

Thank you Wololo for making an outstandingly moddable game!
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Thanks a lot guys.
It is still the 15th in some places of the world, so I'm going to give a few more hours for people who would want to enter, and actually even a bit more depending on my schedule this weekend, but my plan for now is to try the entries over the weekend, and make a proper announcement to start some kind of community vote :)
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Ok...
3 great entries, the decision will be tougher than I expected.
I don't want to do an official "poll" here on the forums, but I posted an article on my blog, and expect people to give their opinion directly in the comments.
Go and vote for your favorite entry! (Contestants *can* vote for their entry :) )

http://wololo.net/wagic/2011/09/18/wagi ... ite-entry/

(I'll take my decision around the end of the month)
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

I finally decided to choose Entertherat's "Thicker than water". Thanks a lot to the 3 of you.

I am strongly thinking of including Thicker Than Water as well as Temple of Wololo in the next release, assuming I have time to integrate them in our current code base.
As far as the knights and Dragons mod is concerned, there's a lot we can do from here, in order to balance the game, etc... I'll be sure to follow up, it could become big.
Entertherat

Post by Entertherat »

Thank you very much for the honor, Wololo. I'm glad you enjoyed the campaign -- I put a bit of work into it. I also want to say that I quite enjoyed the other submissions as well -- the Temple is fairly indispensable, and the KvD mod has some excellent work behind it.

As for including Thicker Than Water in the base program, Wololo, feel free to use it in any way you see fit.