Update: the contest is over, and vote is going on. Vote for your favorite entry here: http://wololo.net/wagic/2011/09/18/wagi ... ite-entry/
Wagic is extremely customizable. As you can see on these forums, we have dozens of users contributing with new sets, themes, pictures...
One specificity of Wagic is the possibility to create stories ("campaigns"), and in Wagic 0.16 we improved the flexibility of the engine to make it easier to create mods.
Creating mods and campaigns is not an easy task, But it can be extremely rewarding, because with enough dedication it will allow you to create your own card game.
Of course we plan to increase the flexibility of wagic, and eventually, hopefully, people will be able to create completely different card games from scratch without a single line of code, using the Wagic engine.
We're not there yet, but I want this flexibility in Wagic to get the attention it deserves. In order to bring love to campaigns and mods, I am throwing this small contest.
100$ is not so big, but I hope it's good enough for a first contest. What is it?
This is a small community contest in which contestants have to create a campaign or a mod compatible with Wagic 0.16. The winner will get 100$ from me, either via paypal or an amazon gift card
, whichever he/she prefers.Who wins?
I will probably organize a poll here on the Wagic forums, but the final word will be mine. I will be the one deciding who wins the contest, but I will take the community's opinion into account This sounds great, how do I join the contest?
Follow these steps:
- create either a campaign (in the form of a folder that goes in the "res/campaigns" folder of wagic) or a mod (a complete new game with new rules) compatible with Wagic 0.16
- Create a new thread in this forum describing your mod/campaign, with a download link. Screenshots are a nice plus!
- post a link to your thread as a reply to this thread. I will progressively edit this topic with the list of contestants
- Deadline for posting your entry is September 15, 2011Important additional rules
- You must own the rights to all the intellectual contents of your mod/campaign, especially graphics and musics. Creative commons is ok as long as you follow the rules of this license. You are free to reuse the gpl/creative commons content from Wagic 0.16. This means for example if you create a mod that you can reuse our fonts, our backgrounds, the players avatars, etc...
- We will most likely add some of the best entries to Wagic's official releases, do not enter the contest if you don't want us to reuse your work in the future!
- You are free to update your mod/campaign as long as you want. I will judge based on the latest version when the deadline is reached
- you are allowed to enter with a campaign/mod that you created prior to this announcement.what else?
- Rules are subject to change anytime without prior warning, however if you want some credibility check: This is my first time personally running such a contest for Wagic, but I've been recently managing a much larger contest for PSP homebrews called the genesis competition, so I can be trusted.
- Feel free to ask for help on the forums. The goal of this contest is also to improve Wagic, share knowledge, and overall have fun
. The mods/campaign system is not easy to use, so it is perfectly alright to ask for help!List of entries
Warning, your entry can be removed from the list at anytime if we realize it is not following the rules!Temple of Wololo
by ViktaKnights and Dragons and Elves and Dwarves
by jwilkes99999 Thicker than Water