Story Mode

A place to find all custom made campaigns, mods and to discuss the story mode and how to create mods.
abrasax

Re: Story Mode

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

The game crash if you do a mistake in the header or if you add illegal/wrong header... unfortunately there is no debug, so you never know where the issue is coming from... but usually it is something made by missing ">" or missing " when needed... You can also send me your campaign by PM if you whish...

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!
New to wagic ? Be sure to check the following :

Bug report: Bug reporting
Help us: Add cards & Compiling.
Customize: Themes FAQ, All images thread, Abra's Mediafire folder
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

So in your story at the page "ambi10" you have the following line

Code: Select all

<answer goto="Ambi11">
it's missing the end of the header so you need to put

Code: Select all

<answer goto="Ambi11">Continue</answer>
That will allow your campaign to actually work...

Be also carefull you did some other mistakes... "end" as far as I am aware is not a valid dialog type... you have also several goto that point to non-existing pages... like "goto="duel_perseus"" where you named it "duel_percy" actually, that is especially true to the end of your story... but I suppose that's because its a WIP, you also so have some "page id= "XXX"" with a space after the = sign, don't know if its relevant, but that might not work correctly, this will not crash the campaign but the campaign might not be playable

I strongly suggest that you regularly test after each page addition, if the campaign crash at startup then check all header from your newly added page, that is in most of the case (95%) the reason for the crash..

Apart from that I tested your campaign and it's very nicely done... keep up the good work and don't hesitate to post it as a separate thread even if it's only WIP..

Grü

Abra

EDIT: By the way for the size of your campaign it should not be an issue, brother's war has 230 different pages with dialog and duel... so that should not be an issue at all.
We need your Help !!!

SKULLTAST1C

Post by SKULLTAST1C »

Awesome, thanks a lot Abra! :)

Yeah I know some of the pages point to a non-existent page, but as its a WIP I have everything recorded and plan to point to those pages later. IE) Separate storylines.

I'll check out the spaces as well in the Page ID.

But in the meantime thanks again!
abrasax

Post by abrasax »

Hi,

No need to thank me, that what the moderation team/dev team is here for, I'm really looking forward to see your campaign, because I found it really great and original....Don't hesitate to post it here even if it's just a WIP....

Grü

Abra
We need your Help !!!