[CODE] Match, Gauntlet, & AI Test modes

All code submission.
Atriel

Re: [CODE] Match, Gauntlet, & AI Test modes

Post by Atriel »

holgern wrote:You are right. deckmenu is now deleted between matches. I polished the code a little bit. I think the code is almost ready for svn.
You're a crack, men! :mrgreen:

I want to see you your contribution finally in th SVN!. Thanks for your input to this fantastic game!. :D
Atriel
holgern

Post by holgern »

In this version i corrected a small bug by which the number of played games are not restored after continiuing a tournament.
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

in a percentage, how close do you think your current patch is to svn ready?
holgern

Post by holgern »

After playing some matches, i think my current patch is almost svn ready. It doesnt break anythink and do not crash. I think the patch is 95% ready.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

ok this weekend i will do a bit more testing myself, then if i dont notice anything major we will continue from there :)
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Any updates or are we set on this as the svn commit version?
holgern

Post by holgern »

I did not found any new bugs, so there are no new updates. Ithink the lates patch can go to the svn.

By the way, can i help somewhere else with c++ coding? I would love to help on the AI. I mean this is the next point after creating a tournament, the opponents should be strong. At the moment i win almost every game against the AI. I would love to change this....
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

The decks for wagic are extremely dated, play against ex's decks found in a thread called ai decks. they'll change your mind
excessum

Post by excessum »

I noticed that the latest version 2.14 has some bugs with the recent SVN releases (r4727 to r4737):
1) Selecting random for player deck will immediately crash the game while selecting an individual deck works.
2) The game will hang in mid-game during demo matches randomly, although I can still return to the main menu and start a new game without problems.
3) The fast mode option, if selected, used for demo matches carries over into player-controlled matches. I actually prefer this since the animations and phase transitions are much smoother under fast mode.
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

Everyone needs to get this fast mode out of thier head. fast mode gets 2 massive thumbs down from me. I've explained before the dangers of fast mode. i actually think it would be best to remove it entirely from being a option players can activate.