[Suggestion] Quests/Tasks

Suggestion about adding, unlockable, tasks, rewards and credits to the game.
wololo
Site Admin

Re: [Suggestion] Quests/Tasks

Post by wololo »

yes, the "days" thing is fine the way it is, I was just asking out of curiosity :)
Daddy32, assuming I get you some more feedback in the 2 days to come, do you think you can add this to the SVN before the 16th?
It will probably be easier for me to check once it's in the SVN, and there is no question if we want the feature or not: we want it
Echo12

Post by Echo12 »

Which folder do you apply this patch? MTG or JGE src? Please clarify. Tnx! :ugeek:
Psyringe

Post by Psyringe »

Usually always mtg. mtg is the game. JGE is a library, it provides base functions for display, file access etc.
Echo12

Post by Echo12 »

Ok. Tnx. Any reported bugs on this patch? Anyone? :geek:
Daddy32

Post by Daddy32 »

Submitted to SVN, along with some fixes. Eboot/exe will no longer be updated here.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Thanks a lot :) .
I got a small issue this morning. I am assuming this is because I erased some AI decks without erasing their stats.
One of the tasks basically told me "win against <Undefined>" or something like that...
Maybe the mismatch between stats files and deck files should be taken into account ?

Other than that, didn't get any specific issue and this mode is definitely increasing the fun of the game. I spent 30 minutes this morning building a deck for a specific task (win the game with 105 life or more :o )... to end up getting killed in something like 5 turns while realizing all the cards in my deck cost 4 mana or more :lol:
Daddy32

Post by Daddy32 »

In the SVN version, "<Undefined>" error should happen _only_ after erasing AI decks - which is not the thing that happens under normal conditions. I'll fix that, if I lay my eyes on that particular part of code...

I'm glad hearing you have fun with this! Various deck building was exactly the thing I wanted to encourage - I want the tasks to be more of an inspiration tool than the grinding mechanism.
Szei

Post by Szei »

I believe I suggested this before, but I'm not sure. Would it be possible to track the number of tasks completed? I feel this would give the game a better sense of progression/accomplishment since there comes a time when credits alone are no longer much of an issue. I have more than I'll ever need after 100s of games of manual ai deck testing for the 2nd Wagic Deck Competition =P Not to mention, it's even easier to get credits now with the task system.

Great work btw. I'm glad this made it into 0.10. Tasks give the game much more meaning.
baldersmashed

Post by baldersmashed »

I, too, have recently taken up tasking and find it to be a rewarding experience. I have enjoyed what I have attempted so far and hope to see this feature evolve.
I personally hope to see this feature allow you to list the tasks available when choosing the 'Play' option in the same menu as momir and evil twin mode.
Dr.Solomat wrote:"Vegeta! What does the scouter say about Wagics power level?"

"It's over ten thooooouuuuuusaaaaaaaaand!"

"What 10.000? There's no way that can be right!"
Daddy32

Post by Daddy32 »

Szei wrote:Would it be possible to track the number of tasks completed?
Yes, your suggestion was noticed and this is planned for the next release - tasks statistics will be added to the trophy room.
Szei wrote:Great work btw. I'm glad this made it into 0.10.
Thanks.
baldersmashed wrote:I have enjoyed what I have attempted so far and hope to see this feature evolve.
Glad to hear that. As for evolving this - If you have any ideas, they will be considered. One of the future plans (as mentioned at the beginning) is addition of in-game tasks (tasks accomplished during the duel - summoning large creature, destroying all your opponents pernaments etc).
baldersmashed wrote:...list the tasks available when choosing the 'Play' option...
First, I plan to list (opponent specific) tasks in opponent selection menu and highlighting task-related opponents there.