Buy Sets

All about the shop and the way of improving it
Disturbed.1.93

Buy Sets

Post by Disturbed.1.93 »

There are many good suggestions that I have seen for shop improvement and I like Abra's suggestions but what i would like to see is the ability to purchase a set. I know they can be unlocked and everything but theres always a couple that i end up not unlocking :x . So my suggestion is the ability to purchase sets, but they wouldn't be cheap since it is unlocking cards for availability. I would say probably 5,000 credits for a set? Tell me what you think guys, is this worth implementing?
Psyringe

Re: Buy Sets

Post by Psyringe »

Disturbed.1.93 wrote:So my suggestion is the ability to purchase sets, but they wouldn't be cheap since it is unlocking cards for availability. I would say probably 5,000 credits for a set? Tell me what you think guys, is this worth implementing?
We're discussing things similar to this (see my post in the token rewards system thread), but it's not sure yet in which direction things will go.

One problem is to strike the right balance between random rewards (something that may come a a surprise to the player and that opens up new possibilities for him that he didn't think of yet, as the availability of cards from a new set does) and guaranteed rewards (things that a player can set as a fixed goal, e.g. "win 700 credits and I can sure I'll be able to buy a new booster pack").

Personally I think a good balance would be to offer player a choice when unlocking a set (e.g. three random sets are displayed, player chooses one to unlock, or a money prize if he doesn't want to unlock any of these). I don't know what the other devs think about that particular topic though.
Disturbed.1.93

Re: Buy Sets

Post by Disturbed.1.93 »

I like that idea :D How about the choice between how it is unlocked when you first start a new game or profile, that way you can have fun with both methods, I am just not sure how hard that would be to implement.