New Deck: No Quarter Given

All created AI or player decks. All discussion related to Wagic AI deck competion and results.
ChristineDietrich

New Deck: No Quarter Given

Post by ChristineDietrich »

Hey Guys,

It looks like there was some interest in my last post so I'm continuing onward. I forgot to mention I play on Windows with Wagic 0.18.6 and that is what my decks are based on. However, they may work on older versions of WTH as well.

My second deck is called "No Quarter Given" which is a Mono Black Card Denial and Life Gain Deck. It is vulnerable to Blue Control and Board Clears but has winning stats of 94% Victory over 75 games against the Wagic AI. Not bad :-)

If you like stealing life from your opponent while crippling his hand, this is the deck for you ! Enjoy it and have fun !

Now onto the deck....

#NAME: No Quarter Given
#DECRIPTION: (60) Life Drain, Card Denial

# LAND (23) =====================================================
Swamp (M12) *20
Black Lotus (2ED) *3
Mox Jet (2ED) *4

#Spells (19) ====================================================
Dark Ritual (4ED) *4 #B Add BBB to your mana pool.
Unholy Strength (4ED) *3 #B Creature gets +2/+1
Go for the Throat (MBS) *3 #1B Destroy non-artifact creature
Dry Spell (6ED) *2 #1B Dry Spell deals 1 damage to each creature and each player.
Mind Twist (4ED) *3 #XB Target player discards X cards at random.
Hymn to Tourach (MED) *3 #BB Target player discards two cards at random.

#CREATURES (18) ====================================================

Tormented Soul (M12) * 3 #B (1/1) Tormented Soul can't block and is unblockable
Black Knight (4ED) *3 #BB (2/2) First strike
Royal Assassin (M12) *3 #1BB (1/1) Tap: Destroy target tapped creature.
Hypnotic Specter (10E) *3 #1BB (2/2) Flying. Whenever Hypnotic Specter deals damage to an opponent, that player discards a card at random.
Vampire Nighthawk (CMD) *3 #1BB (2/3) Deathtouch. Lifelink
Nyxathid (CFX) *3 #1BB (7/7) Nyxathid gets -1/-1 for each card in the chosen player's hand.
Sangromancer (MBS) *3 #2BB (3/3) Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, you may gain 3 life
ChristineDietrich

Re: New Deck: No Quarter Given

Hey Gang,

It was pointed out to me, much to my dismay, that several of the cards were banned in Legacy/Vintage play and incredibly expensive. So here is my revised listing with legal cards which don't cost a fortune. Yes I know the deck is 63 cards...that is necessary to get the Jet Medallion into play. I actually own the deck and I think it cost me around $76.

Try it out and see what you think:

#NAME: No Quarter Given
#DECRIPTION: (63) Life Drain, Card Denial

# LAND (21) =====================================================
Swamp (M12) *21

#spells (22) ======================================================================================================================================================================
The Rack (4ED) *3 #1 If opponent has fewer than three cards in hand during his or her upkeep, the Rack does 1 damage to opponent for each card fewer than three.
Despise (NPH) *3 #B - Target opponent reveals his or her hand. You choose a creature or planeswalker card from it. That player discards that card.
Dark Ritual (4ED) *4 #B Add BBB to your mana pool.
Unholy Strength (4ED) *3 #B Creature gets +2/+1
Go for the Throat (MBS) *3 #1B Destroy non-artifact creature
Hymn to Tourach (MED) *4 #BB Target player discards two cards at random.
Black Sun's Zenith (MBS) *2 #XBB Put X -1/-1 counters on each creature. Shuffle Black Sun's Zenith into its owner's library.

#CREATURES (18) ====================================================================================================================================================================
Tormented Soul (M12) * 3 #B (1/1) Tormented Soul can't block and is unblockable
Royal Assassin (M12) *3 #1BB (1/1) Tap: Destroy target tapped creature.
Hypnotic Specter (10E) *4 #1BB (2/2) Flying. Whenever Hypnotic Specter deals damage to an opponent, that player discards a card at random.
Vampire Nighthawk (CMD) *3 #1BB (2/3) Deathtouch. Lifelink
Nyxathid (CFX) *3 #1BB (7/7) Nyxathid gets -1/-1 for each card in the chosen player's hand.
Sangromancer (MBS) *2 #2BB (3/3) Whenever a creature an opponent controls dies, you may gain 3 life

#ARTIFACT (2) ======================================================================================================================================================================
Jet Medallion (TMP) *2 #2 Your black spells cost 1 less to play
KF1

Post by KF1 »

Not bad at all.

First, Wagic is not limited by any official format outlined by WOTC.

I say if you want to use four Mox Jets, knock yourself out.

You don't need write an explanation for each of your card selections. If the AI can consistently kill you using these cards correctly then you really know you also have a really good deck.

My only critiques are please name your decks as follows so people don't have to hunt for your deck:

#NAME:(ChristineDietrich) No Quarter Given
#DECRIPTION: (60) Life Drain, Card Denial
#DESC:
Swamp (M12) *21
The Rack (4ED) *3
Despise (NPH) *3
Dark Ritual (4ED) *4
Unholy Strength (4ED) *3
Go for the Throat (MBS) *3
Hymn to Tourach (MED) *4
Black Sun's Zenith (MBS) *2
Tormented Soul (M12) * 3
Royal Assassin (M12) *3
Hypnotic Specter (10E) *4
Vampire Nighthawk (CMD) *3
Nyxathid (CFX) *3
Sangromancer (MBS) *2
Jet Medallion (TMP) *2

Now if you want to write your decks faster and like variety each time you play use (*) *NUMBER for some of your card selections: Unholy Strength (*) *3 for example.

This is being added to my AI collection as deck972.

Thank you for sharing this.
ChristineDietrich

Thank You KF1 ! That's quite an honor to have it added to your decks :D