Wagic on Android: Work-in-progress release

Announcements/news by the admins & moderators
NMDante

Re: Wagic on Android: Work-in-progress release

Post by NMDante »

A quick question.

I installed the Wagic binary, used the Knights and Dragons and Elves and Dwarves mod, and everything seems to work fine.
My quesiton is this...
How do I get the game to play the original MTG game, and not the mod version with all the mana, gold, meat, and lumber stuff?

Can anyone please explain how to do that? I uploaded one of my game sets from the PC to the tablet, but all I get is the title screen with no menu. If anyone can help out or toss a suggestion or two, I would be quite appreciative.

Thanks.
devi59

Post by devi59 »

You should read all the posts. To prevent copyright issues they disabled this on Android.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

devi59 wrote:You should read all the posts. To prevent copyright issues they disabled this on Android.
We did not disable anything, and how to install a mod is explained in the first post. Whoever managed to install the knd mod should be able to install another mod easily. It is true however that we dont want to discuss the details of specific games especially mtg since its clearly not what we plan to distribute on the market..
devi59

Post by devi59 »

That's what I mental. Disabled the deck editor and the ability to play MTG
NMDante

Post by NMDante »

Okay. Thank you.

I will just tinker around with the mod, and see what I can do.
xojlmc

Post by xojlmc »

fortheconstant wrote:I can vouch that on the Nook Color Cyanogenmod 7.1 I am having no crashing issues
hmmm, strange-strange, I've made clean install of 7.1.0, formatted SD, installed Wagic, copied sources and it still freezes. Most often the game crashes when I tap "Exit" button, but sometimes just while the game runs
Any ideas why it's happening? Downgrading to 7.0.3 doesn't look sexy, cause 7.1.0 runs faster
p'laus

Post by p'laus »

Hi. This is my first post, and first I must give my congratulations to wololo for it's great work. Really a great job.

Now, I think I must give my experience, with it.
I have a Lg Optimus 3d, which works, for now, only with froyo, but I gave a try to wagic for android, cause I like the game so much.
It works. (not with sound of course, but I don't need it)

So, I put first the knights and dragons,and it worked very fine, without any problem( it never crashed,) . But I didn't like this mod, cause it's so different from the WTH. What I did? I did the download of the wagic 0.9.2 Real Magic Res, made some changes in graphics, and rules ( which i took from knigths and dragons), and it works very fine.

The very only problem I have is this one:
When, in battle phase, one of my creatures is blocked by more than one, it shows me an option: which of those creatures I take first. When I choose one, the OK icon didn't work, ever. It changes the creature in front of mine, over and over again, and I can't return to the game. I must abort it, and it's a shame.

Can you tell me what I must do?
Best regards
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

Swipe up will simulate the triangle button and allow you to click on ok. This is one of the many interface issues we still need to solve
p'laus

Post by p'laus »

Hi. Thank you wololo.

I know the copyright problems you have with mtg, so when your apk will came to market, the game installed on it must be very different, in conception, from the game design of them.

But, maybe it could have an option to install other mods, no? In the name of freedom of use, anyone could download the Res available they wanted.

If so, it would be great, but it's just an idea. don't know if it's possible.

Best regards
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

p'laus, yes, that's basically the idea we have in mind. We will provide a full and enjoyable game, but the engine won't prevent people from installing other mods.