Wagic 0.16 beta

Announcements/news by the admins & moderators
wololo
Site Admin

Wagic 0.16 beta

Post by wololo »

Wagic 0.16 Beta is now available for our forum members. Please help us with the beta testing!
If you can help with the translations as well, please do so, as the translations might be outdated :P

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3067
lantern48

Re: Wagic 0.16 beta

Post by lantern48 »

Is there any way to save the cards I've unlocked from 15.1 and add those to the full release -- when you release it -- of 16.1?

I ask because before I delete all of 15.1 away so that I can install and bugtest the *** out of 16.0 Beta, I'd like to know what I should save from 15.1 and how I should go about adding it to 16.1 later on.

Thanks.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

lantern48 wrote:Is there any way to save the cards I've unlocked from 15.1 and add those to the full release -- when you release it -- of 16.1?
keep the following folders from 0.15:
player
settings
profiles

then install a new version such as 0.16 from scratch, and overwrite these 3 folders with the ones you got from 0.15

There is no guarantee this works, Wagic still doesn't have any official way to upgrade fron a version to another, so you do this at your own risk :mrgreen:
mik

Post by mik »

For me, the options file just loves to import a double-button-press bug, every release, so the safest way I know would be just keeping your decks, activating all cards with maxglee and pasting his collection but not his options into your profile - you will still get to unlock the sets you didn't have before / all from scratch this way.
lantern48

Post by lantern48 »

mik wrote:For me, the options file just loves to import a double-button-press bug, every release, so the safest way I know would be just keeping your decks, activating all cards with maxglee and pasting his collection but not his options into your profile - you will still get to unlock the sets you didn't have before / all from scratch this way.
Who is "maxglee"?
Where do I get access to his collection?
How do I paste his collection but not his options?

What the heck are you talking about? :lol:
Shadowfireomega

Post by Shadowfireomega »

lantern48 wrote:
mik wrote:For me, the options file just loves to import a double-button-press bug, every release, so the safest way I know would be just keeping your decks, activating all cards with maxglee and pasting his collection but not his options into your profile - you will still get to unlock the sets you didn't have before / all from scratch this way.
Who is "maxglee"?

make a new profile named maxglee, then activate cheat mode from the player tab in options (where u made the new profile) and go to deck editor, there will be an option to unlock cards, do so and the floodgates will open. Collection and options are respective folders in the wagic_res folder.
Wagic: the Homebrew Image Pack Easy Installers

"I love being wrong, for if I was always right, I would never learn anything, and that would be a sad life." -Benjamin Fisher
check out my blog http://shadowfireomega.blogspot.com/
lantern48

Post by lantern48 »

Shadowfireomega wrote:
lantern48 wrote:
Who is "maxglee"?

make a new profile named maxglee, then activate cheat mode from the player tab in options (where u made the new profile) and go to deck editor, there will be an option to unlock cards, do so and the floodgates will open. Collection and options are respective folders in the wagic_res folder.
There is no "player tab" in the options.
In the options screen I have the following choices: Settings, Game, Advanced, Key Bindings, and Credits.

Does your game have extra options mine doesn't?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

lantern48 wrote: There is no "player tab" in the options.
In the options screen I have the following choices: Settings, Game, Advanced, Key Bindings, and Credits.

There should be a "User" tab:
Settings, Game, User, Advanced, Key Bindings, and Credits.

Are you using the windows or the PSP version? Did you modify your Wagic default install in any way?
The list of tabs is hardcoded, I find it hard to believe that one of the tabs goes away... translation issue maybe? Did you set Wagic to run in english, or another language?

Can you send a screenshot? I want to see if the tab is here but difficult to see because of a translation issue, or if it is something else.
lantern48

Post by lantern48 »

wololo wrote:
lantern48 wrote: There is no "player tab" in the options.

There should be a "User" tab:
Settings, Game, User, Advanced, Key Bindings, and Credits.

Are you using the windows or the PSP version? Did you modify your Wagic default install in any way?
The list of tabs is hardcoded, I find it hard to believe that one of the tabs goes away... translation issue maybe? Did you set Wagic to run in english, or another language?

Can you send a screenshot? I want to see if the tab is here but difficult to see because of a translation issue, or if it is something else.
Yeah changing it to English is causing most of the confusion here. It is indeed "user" not "player". I would've mentioned the User tab but there's no cheat option on it, so I assumed he meant some other tab I didn't have access to.

I created a profile with the name "maxglee". On the user tab, there is no option to turn a cheat on or off or even a cheat option at all.
The entire screen in the "user tab" looks exactly the same for any other profile and no new options opened up by creating the new profile with the name "maxglee".
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

lantern48 wrote: I created a profile with the name "maxglee". On the user tab, there is no option to turn a cheat on or off or even a cheat option at all.
The entire screen in the "user tab" looks exactly the same for any other profile and no new options opened up by creating the new profile with the name "maxglee".
I believe the cheat profile is Maxglee with an uppercase "M", but not entirely sure anymore. Give it a try, case matters. I also suggest you previously delete profiles/maxglee to avoid any confusion from the engine.
Edit: more info here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1330&hilit=maxglee
mik wrote:For me, the options file just loves to import a double-button-press bug, every release
We are hopeful that we fixed this bug in 0.16.