Many Questions Need Answering

If you have a question about the git repository and the code, or if you have code to propose then please post in this forum.
Do not post request here.
jwilkes99999

Many Questions Need Answering

Post by jwilkes99999 »

Ok, so I think I'm going to try and be more active in the forum and try and help the wagic project because I've really enjoyed playing it on my psp, and while I thought my coding skills were too minimal to help the project (I'm still getting my degree) I think I might be able to help. But it seems like I keep running into questions that I can't find answers to (I'm sure some are actually out there, they just seem to allude me). So while at the moment I only have one question, that's because I'm actively working on a project and need this answered asap. I'm going to come back later and ask the other questions that have been building up. So here it goes.

Question 1: How does the game determine if you unlock a set at the end of a match?

Specifically I'm working with the Knights and Dragons mod and I unlocked the orc set on my android tablet but can't remember how to do it on my PC. :?

Also, I accidentally created a copy of the human set trying to back it up to test my images and since it was in my sets folder when I won a game it "unlocked" my backup copy set. In the future, I don't want this to happen so is there a way to disable automatically unlocking a set after a win? (This is the main purpose of my question)
Zethfox

Re: Many Questions Need Answering

Post by Zethfox »

the unlocks are think are hardcoded, not sure if wololo added a method to avoid having a certain set unlock. he would need to confirm it.
jwilkes99999

Post by jwilkes99999 »

Hmmm, I was afraid of that. But I guess it can't be helped atm.

Question 2: Does anyone know why the Dragons and Knights mod will not keep up with any win loss records? Is this hard coded as well or controlled in the settings/rules somewhere?
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

jwilkes99999 wrote: Question 1: How does the game determine if you unlock a set at the end of a match?
This is done randomly when you win a game.
jwilkes99999 wrote: Question 2: Does anyone know why the Dragons and Knights mod will not keep up with any win loss records? Is this hard coded as well or controlled in the settings/rules somewhere?
This is probably because the decks for that mod are in the "player/premade" folder... I'm thinking that if you moved them in the player folder, victories/defeats would start to be counted correctly.
jwilkes99999

Post by jwilkes99999 »

So there's no way to keep players from prematurely unlocking sets. I guess that's ok. If they really want to spam single player mode rather than go through the campaign they can.

And that was exactly what it was. So I took them out of premade and gave them unlock requirements, so now players can have a win/loss record in single player.

Question 3: Is Mulligan hard coded? Because I'd like to modify it so that its closer to the new xbox version. i.e. When you select mulligan the first time you still get 7 cards back, THEN it starts decreasing your card count by one for any additional mulligans.
wololo
Site Admin

Post by wololo »

jwilkes99999 wrote: Question 3: Is Mulligan hard coded? Because I'd like to modify it so that its closer to the new xbox version. i.e. When you select mulligan the first time you still get 7 cards back, THEN it starts decreasing your card count by one for any additional mulligans.
Yes, currently it is hard coded... we haven't touched mulligan in a while, but making it more flexible is one of our long-term projects
jwilkes99999

Post by jwilkes99999 »

I definitely want to know when that becomes available. I'm trying to get wagic to play with me and my friends' house rules.