A big question for cardnames

If you have a question about the git repository and the code, or if you have code to propose then please post in this forum.
Do not post request here.
Atriel

A big question for cardnames

Post by Atriel »

Hello!.

I'm Atriel, and I¡m from Spain... sorry for my bad english.

There's a question:

There's a way to change the card names that appears in Wagic?. I tried to translate to spanish, but I didn't.

I know that with es.txt, I can change the names of the cards, but only does so in the list of cards, not the card itself.

I tested with the variable name in the _cards.dat, but I make a new card, it does not appear in the card primitives.

I tried to write this:

[card]
primitive=Air Elemental
name=Elemental de Aire
id=691
rarity=U
[/card]

My intention was that he used the Air Elemental data of primitives, and then change the name, but that can not be done ...

¿Any idea?
Atriel
Zethfox

Re: A big question for cardnames

Post by Zethfox »

in the wagic->bin->lang folder you can
notice below if you dont change your lang from default you get this file

Code: Select all

- =
"Unity in diversity
 is our strength"

Meet an army of allies
from the mountains,
forests, seas, and skies.=
%s goes to graveyard=
%s%i/%s%i=
%s: %i cards (%i) (%i unique)=
(%s%s) %s=
0Milli B/BL=
1Nightmare=
: Interrupt=
: No=
: No To All=
: Other cards=
A Black/Blue deck with simple mechanics
to get you started.
We recommend to create your own decks
to get the full Wagic Fun!=
AI A/B Testing=
Air Sea Battle=
Alliance=
Allied Warriors=
Allies=
Angelism=
Arbor Elf=
Artifact=
AshenmoorCohort=
Back to main menu=
Bad Dreams=
Bad Moon=
Badlands=
Balefire Blast=
Ball Lightning=
Barbarians=
Bleeding Megrim=
Blind Faith=
Bloodhall Ooze=
Boar's Tusks=
Burning=
Can you defeat yourself?=
Cancel=
Choose Opponent=
Choose a Deck=
Choose a different player deck=
Classic=
Corruption=
Creaky Wood=
Credits: =
Death=
Deck Editor=
Deck: =
Deep Blue=
Demo=
Depletion=
Destroy=
Detailed Info=
Difficulty: =
Disciplination=
Dragons=
Elbrus, the Binding Blade=
Elfball=
Elfolk=
Elves=
Enchanted=
Enchanted Coatl=
Enchantresses=
Equipment=
Evil Twin=
Eviscerator=
Exit=
Faeries=
Fairy Archmage=
Games Played: =
Giants!=
Goblin Spike=
Good Knight=
Heartmender=
Herdsmen=
Hermit Druid Basic=
Hot & Hasty=
Howlings=
I had a terrible Nightmare once
and then a second
and a third
and then I won.=
In the castle of Bant,
the call to battle
echoes the prayer of Asha.
Prepare to face Bant's light!=
Infected wounds=
Inquisitor=
Interrupt?=
Jihad=
Jungle=
Justice=
Kill by Numbers=
Kinsb. Cavalier=
Kithkin=
Kobold Overlord=
LOADING SET: %s=
Lafiel=
Legendary=
Life & Death=
Load=
Lotus Petal=
Love Equipment and want a real challenge? Unlock Stone Hewer Basic:)=
Magnivore=
Main Menu=
Master of Ether=
Meet the darker side
of fairies
and merfolk.=
Mermadness=
Might Sliver=
Mighty Murk=
Millage=
Mindwracked=
Momir Basic=
More cards and mods at http://wololo.net/wagic=
New Deck...=
No Bushwhacker=
Noble Predators=
Normal=
Options=
Painful Dream=
Panda Hive=
Pauper Blender=
Persistence=
Plane ofthe Apes=
Plateau=
Play=
Play Game=
Player=
Pointy Hats Society=
Rack them all=
Random=
Random 1 Color=
Random 2 Colors=
Rats!=
Red Cats=
Red Green Ally=
Relentless=
Saproling Surge=
Savannah=
Selesnya=
Shatter=
Shocking M'taurs=
Shop=
SilverBlade=
Skies of Emeria=
Slightly Sligh=
Smoke and mirrors=
Snake Pit=
Soldiers=
Spectral Rack=
Story=
Taiga=
Tarmac=
Terror=
Test Suite=
The KOR=
The Memorial=
Thistlestings=
Token Terror=
Traveling Party=
Tree Planter=
Treefolk=
Trophy Room=
Tsabo=
Turn:%i=
Twin Pricks=
Undead Lords=
VampireViscounts=
Vanguard'sChosen=
Viashino Warrior=
Victory %: =
Vigilant Watch=
White Blades=
Wraith's Feast=
Wrath=
Yavimaya=
You have unlocked %i expansions out of %i=
Zuberi's Flock=
achieved: %i%%=
attackers phase:\nthis is where you choose which of your creatures will\nattack your opponent.\n\nselecting attacking creatures is done by clicking\non each creature you want to set as an attacker.\n\ncreatures usually can't attack on the turn they came into play,\nthis is known as "summoning sickness=
congratulations, you played your first creature!\n\ncreatures are used to attack your opponent\nduring your attacker's phase\n,and to protect you during your opponent's combat phase.\n\ncreatures are attached to two numbers p/t,\n called power an toughness.\npower is how much damage your creature can do,\ntoughness is how much damage it can take every turn=
creatures can usually not attack\nduring the turn they came into play,\nyou have to wait an additional turn before you can\n"activate" them or attack with them.\nthis is known as "summoning sickness"=
deck101=
each of your turns, at the "draw" phase,\nyou will draw one card from your deck into your hand.\n\nsome spells also allow you to draw additional cards!\n\nif you get to draw a card but your deck is empty,\nyou lose the game, so be careful!=
if you don't have enough lands in play to cast a spell,\nclick on the "next phase" button until you\nreach your opponent's turn.\n "next phase" is ltrigger, right click, or swipe up by default=
if you have some "land" cards in your hand,\ntry to click on one of them,\nand put it into play!\n\nnote:if you don't have any land, go to your opponent's turn by\npressing "next phase" several times\n-- ltrigger, right click, or swipe up by default --=
now that you have a land into play,you can use it to get mana.\nmana is used to cast spells, but each spell has a cost,\nrepresented on the top right of the card.\n\nmana wears out at the end of each game phase,\nso if you want to cast a spell that costs 2 green mana,\nyou will generally need at least 2 forests in play.=
once you have enough lands in play to cast your first spell,\nactivate the lands - click on them - then click on the spell.\n\nimportant note:\nlands don't require any mana to be played,\nbut you can only play one land per turn=
opponent plays=
opponent's turn=
some creatures have special abilities that\nare described on the card's text.\nthese abilities might require some mana to be activated,\nwhich is also described on the creature's text=
this is your turn, and we are in the first "main phase".\nthis is basically the phase in which you will play your spells.\n\nnote: in general, you cannot\nplay spells during your opponent's turn,\nbut there are of course exceptions to the rule.=
wagic is divided in turns:one turn for you, one turn\nfor your opponent, and so on.\neach turn is divided into phases, that we will explain.\n\nnote: if at any time you feel you are blocked\nand cannot play any card,\npress the "next phase" button\n-- ltrigger, right click, or swipe up by default --\nto move to the next phase, until you reach the opponent's turn=
welcome to wagic!\n\nin wagic, you play as a wizard against the computer.\nyour goal is to kill your opponent with your spells and creatures,\nby reducing your opponent's life to 0 or less.=
when the computer casts a spell,\nthe card being casted is shown to you,\nand you can click on the action button to move on=
you did some damage to your opponent.\nkeep doing this until their life goes to 0 or below,\nand victory is yours! =
you lost some life!\nbe careful to not go down to 0,\nor you will lose the game!=
you play=
your hand -- by default, shown on the right side of the screen --\n is where you will find your spells\n\nin order to play spells and creatures, you need mana.\n\nmana is usually obtained by putting lands into play.=
your turn=
so in the lang translation file, just add the line
Air Elemental=Elemental de Aire
when you play it will display this instead of air elemental
Atriel

Post by Atriel »

Sorry, but I think I have not explained well...

I refered to this:

In the list, taken from the es.txt, works great, but the original name card no changes...

Any way to fix it?.

PD: Thanks for answer me! ;)
Atriel
Zethfox

Post by Zethfox »

done, check it on current svn version.
Atriel

Post by Atriel »

Zethfox wrote:done, check it on current svn version.
Thanks! I appreciate your help! :lol:
Atriel
olivergray

Post by olivergray »

Use the mapquest directions app to find your way around. With the help of this fantastic tool, you can explore your country or, in a broader sense, the entire planet. If you don't use Mapquest Directions, you run the risk of not being able to find your way there.