Cobra USB Firmware
Latest Version : 5.0Release Date: 2012/04/2
Notes for this version:
- Added support to play isos from a PC using network connection. No more waste of time copying between PC and ps3, play directly from the files on your computer!
Requires to run the supplied ps3netsrv server application (it is inside mmCM 04.01.00 download) on the PC, a version for windows and linux is provided (mac users can use the windows version with wine
Note: when using wine, we recommend to run directly the command line ps3netsrv.exe and not the gui).
Currently the following items can be played from network:
* PS3 isos
* PSX cue+bin or isos
* Blu-Ray isos
* DVD isos
Currently the following items cannot be played from network:
* PS3 games in JB directory format (planned for 5.1 release)
* PSP isos (planned for 5.1 release)
* PS2 isos (planned, but we cannot estimate the version)
Although Cobra doesn't restrict the isos from being loaded through wifi, wifi is too slow for most uses, we recommend to use a wired connection.
- Optimized a bit the read of PS3 isos (15-20% gain in external disk, not noticeable in internal disk)
- Added dynamic firmware version spoofer capabilities. You can set the spoof in mmCM settings. As Sony release new firmwares, the spoofer can be updated by updating mmCm, without
need of updating Cobra USB fw. No system files are modified by the version spoofer, all take place in ram.
|Cobra USB Firmware 5.0||Download from mediafire.com (indirect link)|
|Cobra USB Firmware 5.0||Download from wololo.net (direct link)|
In this section you will find additional links related to this application
- We didn't reference any discussion on our forums about this homebrew yet, but you can create one!